Semi Finals: France 1-2 Spain, England 2-1 Netherlands

Disco

I thought it was a stick on pen!

You see those all the time, usually a full back hacking a big clearance down the line and someone clatters him after the ball has gone. It's always a foul and it's usually a yellow card. It's a penalty.

BTW how the fuck did I miss Hasselbaink being on the coaching staff? Am I seeing things? Was he on the wrong bench or something?

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

We're the worst team in North America. All I have left is hate.

You lads secured a bye to the WC26? 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

BTW how the fuck did I miss Hasselbaink being on the coaching staff? Am I seeing things? Was he on the wrong bench or something?

He's been there all tournament. 

:dog:

52 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

You're dying a small hill here against all these English fans on here.  :lol:

Howay, at least he’s got you as company :lol:

11 minutes ago, Wullie said:

You see those all the time, usually a full back hacking a big clearance down the line and someone clatters him after the ball has gone. It's always a foul and it's usually a yellow card. It's a penalty.

Tend to agree, although I think it's unlucky in a way. 

Was surprised when the TV wrongly said it wouldn't be looked at. 

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Slightly unfair. :lol:

I think England deserved it tonight.

I believe your phrase was “Howay Spain”. You said you preferred literally everything Spanish, which presumably includes the Guardia Civil and the racism :lol:

7 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

He's been there all tournament. 

:dog:

Quicker over 20 yards than Kane in training too. Probably.

Southgate says Trippier came off because of a 'problem' (I.e. an injury). So expect to see him back in for the final if fit. 

19 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Is it not more the punishment in that instance is inconsequential but a pen is. I get why it’s given but I’d be seething like a cunt if it was given against a Schär block on the opening day. 

There are so many fouls-elsewhere-but- never-in-the-box situations that we accept. I think I agree that that's one of them, but I don't think that because of that it's a pen or ever should be. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Questioned Southgate’s tactics for years but he’s surely instilled some mentality in this team that serves them well in these tournaments.

They looked very confident in the penalties against Switzerland. Lots of talk about Saka’s redemption but I’m not sure it was an issue for him - he knew he’d score and was happy he’d helped the team. Then tonight very late on you get Watkins pick the ball up at an angle, make space and finish it perfectly between keeper and post. Wouldn’t have expected that from previous teams. 

As if often the case with incidents like that, the real stupidity is the inference that not giving the pen was a clear and obvious error. I think it's incredibly harsh because the contact is initiated as much (if not moreso) by Kane's follow-through than, say, the defender taking a swipe and being late... but even if you disagree with that, it's hardly a howler from the ref, is it? 

Southgate has found his own way.

Not mine or anyone else's but I just think we showed the first half what we could do when the players believe in themselves.

There is no coincidence that they have the ability to pull a result out of the bag when they need to .. as they are all quality players.

It's a bit like celebrating Adele winning a Karaoke competition in the local pub when we all know she has the ability to fill Wembley stadium.

I just hope we somehow win on Sunday and then mould these individuals into a team that dominates

1 hour ago, Mike said:

We're the worst team in North America. All I have left is hate.

:lol::lol::lol:

Man, I need to get to our NY office to cheer you up, you miserable git!

3 hours ago, Wullie said:

That's one of the all time greatest ever England goals. An absolutely sensational finish, world class centre forward play.

This deserves to be here 

Can we make a positive and negative England thread now 

ffs this is the second final in 3 years

the players were just as good before?

Rooney Owen beckham scholes gerrard lampard Cole

shearer, Lineker barnes Beardsley waddle Hoddle Gazza keegan

this is good 

It is a penalty. Unless the rule book being modified to state that such a dangerous move (you can see the stud is going to hit Kane’s right leg directly) can be exempted within the penalty area, it should always be a foul and a penalty.

If this is exempted, however, then most of the strikers would have to gamble his leg while taking a shot.

It looks soft but it is definitely a foul

I always defer to my "the striker got his shot away, so no penalty" but can see the argument for any incident that would, 100% be a foul OUTSIDE the box, should be In the box. 

This gripe, here, is another one. Body to hand? Not handball?