Final: England 1-2 Spain

Disco

Just now, KaKa said:

Funny thing about this whole Kane thing, is I was watching Spain today thinking how perfect he'd be with their two young wingers flying forward, as well as Olmo and Ruiz actually making well timed forward runs ahead of the striker at times.

England have a bunch of interesting pieces, and a man in charge that has no idea how to put them together to be more effective.

His legs have gone. Watkins actually stretched the back four. If I was a CB for Spain I would be happy playing Kane. He can’t fucking run 

Just now, ponsaelius said:

I don't rate Cucurella but I genuinely reckon he's been good all tournament.

This. Has performed much better than expected.

I was delighted when Spain kept bringing on Real Sociedad players, fucking mediocre load of nowt, and one of them scores the winner. Fuck off.

Guess it's a game of opinions. Thought Cucurella was the weak link again as he generally always is at club or international level. Good acting at the end though when Saka did nothing to him.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Cucurella would get more credit as a footballer if he cut that stupid fucking hair.

I'll agree to agree he has stupid hair.

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

His legs have gone. Watkins actually stretched the back four. If I was a CB for Spain I would be happy playing Kane. He can’t fucking run 

That's the whole point.

If you're going to use him you put runners around him.

The only such player in the squad is Gordon and he got 5 mins all tournament.

He played a bunch of players with Kane that all want to come short and drop into similar areas.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Guess it's a game of opinions. Thought Cucurella was the weak link again as he generally always is at club or international level. Good acting at the end though when Saka did nothing to him.

100%. No idea where this idea that he's been great has come from. Imo he exploited the perception of him as the weak link when he was left as the man over and we didn't exploit his weaknesses 

Just now, KaKa said:

That's the whole point.

If you're going to use him you put runners around him.

The only such player in the squad is Gordon and he got 5 mins all tournament.

He played a bunch of players with Kane that all want to come short and drop into similar areas.

There was a move in that game where I think walker cut it back and Kane was somewhere outside the area. It’s crazy. He’s either injured or he’s done I don’t know which one it is but his movement is horrible.

he didn’t win a single aerial ball. It was terrible

10 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

96 semi final was the very definition of the team and manager giving everything and us just coming up short. Actually it was Southgate again with his shit penalty taking.

1990 too.

86 and 98 to an extent also.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

100%. No idea where this idea that he's been great has come from. Imo he exploited the perception of him as the weak link when he was left as the man over and we didn't exploit his weaknesses 

He was okay but had a lot of help. Didn’t think he played above decent tbf 

Completely secondary to anything and not the reason we lost but that added on time.

Ok I felt it should be more but fine 4 mins added, but atleast 3 of those we were then waiting while Spain players just lay on the floor acting and then he blew exactly on the dot at 94. When you consider we have scored 95th min equalisers already this tournament, that is some bullshit. 

But whatever, Southgate is still a fraud and we got to another final in spite of him. Negative hesitant management once again. 

Just now, Sempiternal said:

He was okay but had a lot of help. Didn’t think he played above decent tbf 

Similarly I think Carvahal is an absolute welp if you attack him, but in matches like tonight if you let him play it smart he will. And we did.

Venables has been the best coach England have had in terms of the quality of football. They were adventurous and just went for it despite there being a couple of teams who were better. He knew exactly how to get the best from the players available.

That England team had talent for sure but probably not as solid defensively.

Such a lack of bravery too. I think that's the main ingredient you need being in that job as tactics are only going to do so much with the limited time they have with the players.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Similarly I think Carvahal is an absolute welp if you attack him, but in matches like tonight if you let him play it smart he will. And we did.

Genuinely can not stand him. Abysmal bloke 

When a fuckin 50 year old sparky can see the England right back is being repeatedly torn a new one and the national team coach can’t or doesn’t do a thing about it you know it’s time for change. What a waste of talent this last 4 years has been. 

8 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Nice of the ref to blow bang on the 90+4 despite the mop haired cunt wasting about 90 seconds on that absolute non foul.

(not that it would have changed the outcome)

36 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Pretty awful tournament imo from an entertainment perspective.  

Football is getting so saturated with all the games they are forcing into the calendar and now they don't feel like events.

Euro 2020/21 is too messy in my mind to gage but since they've expanded it that's at least two shit tournaments when the only bad one in the previous format was Euro 96.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Mad to win that many Champions Leagues while not being able to defend apparently

It's such an easy and obvious thing to say but imagine us tonight under Ancelotti, or even Rafa. A team like Spain tonight are traditionally taught a lesson, they don't have the opportunity to do what they did, it's not good enough.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, triggs said:

Mad to win that many Champions Leagues while not being able to defend apparently

That Real Madrid team are who we should have been tonight. They're somehow legendry while being absolutely shite, so yes I agree.