Will Osula

Provided we still bring in a top drawer RW this looks like a solid move. Versatile and we need a 3rd choice striker with no one in the youth teams in that position that's good enough.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Provided we still bring in a top drawer RW this looks like a solid move. Versatile and we need a 3rd choice striker with no one in the youth teams in that position that's good enough.

Exactly how I see it too. But that RW upgrade is extremely important.

looks like he just got told the last part of his medical will involve defending the minteh sale on N-O alone for 4 hours :lol:

Edited by thomas

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

looks like he just got told the last part of his medical will involve defending the minteh sale on N-O alone for 4 hours :lol:

RIP Big Willy. We hardly knew yee.

26 minutes ago, worthy said:

Exactly how I see it too. But that RW upgrade is extremely important.

Spending a relatively small amount on a back up striker might mean we can put in a big bid for a really top class RW hopefully.

I’m absolutely willing to trust our recruitment team given their track record, even if there is nothing in the lad’s professional career to date to suggest that this is a goal scoring machine in the making

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m absolutely willing to trust our recruitment team given their track record, even if there is nothing in the lad’s professional career to date to suggest that this is a goal scoring machine in the making

His goal scoring record at U21 and U23 level is pretty damn good like :lol:

Hopefully under Howe’s coaching that can be replicated at a (much) higher level.

Great signing! I didn't know he existed couple of days ago but he's exactly the player profile we sorely missed last season and our academy hasn't been able to produce. Absolutely no risk involved either with the low fee and means we can spend more on a RW and a CB.

Think Wilson has become underrated here too lately, he's still one of the best backup strikers in the league even with all the injuries and no Europe means Isak should be available more often which should be good for Wilson's availability too.

Edited by Pata

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Is he our right sided forward then?

Well he's never so much as seen the right-wing according to Transfermarkt so aye think this is a good shout.

Looks raw but certainly gets a shot off double quick. Can’t wait to fantasise about cutting his brakes after he doesn’t score a hatty on debut. 

30 minutes ago, Pata said:

Think Wilson has become underrated here too lately, he's still one of the best backup strikers in the league even with all the injuries and no Europe means Isak should be available more often which should be good for Wilson's availability too.

I think it's more a) he is injured too much and aging so people (myself included) are okay with him being moved on while we can get a decent fee.

Then b) he doesn't want to be a back up player (which is fair enough) and so people needlessly question every mannerism,body language or time he is injured etc.

Don't think anyone can bash how good he is when fit. He has never let us down. Type of player I'd like to see staying as backup in an ideal world, as he will be be hard to replace without spending big money. 

PSR ruins everything lol.

11 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I think it's more a) he is injured too much and aging so people (myself included) are okay with him being moved on while we can get a decent fee.

Then b) he doesn't want to be a back up player (which is fair enough) and so people needlessly question every mannerism,body language or time he is injured etc.

Don't think anyone can bash how good he is when fit. He has never let us down. Type of player I'd like to see staying as backup in an ideal world, as he will be be hard to replace without spending big money. 

Absolutely it’s not that he’s under rated, it’s the fact he’s not available often and it’s a recurring issue throughout his time with us. 

16 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Yeah, just think that the injuries are the main thing on people's minds right now and many have forgotten how good he is when fit. Non-penalty xG+xA per 90 of 0.95 (22-23) and 0.89 (23-24 although on half the minutes of the previous season) are ridiculous numbers for someone who is seen as a clear backup now. Isak's numbers were 0.53 (22-23) and 0.83 (23-24).

I wrote a long post in his thread after the season that we can't really fail with him and both selling and keeping him have merits. He's a brilliant backup when fit but also getting the £10-15m fee would help instead of letting him walk next summer. Still think it's true, if he can score 10 goals in the league with limited minutes like last season (actually 9 but close enough) he could easily be worth that 10-15 million fee we could have received for him. Finding a replacement would be very expensive like you said in a window where we have two very clear big money needs (RW and CB).

Osula really helps as now we have someone who can play striker on the bench when Wilson is injured unlike last season.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Yeah, just think that the injuries are the main thing on people's minds right now and many have forgotten how good he is when fit. Non-penalty xG+xA per 90 of 0.95 (22-23) and 0.89 (23-24 although on half the minutes of the previous season) are ridiculous numbers for someone who is seen as a clear backup now. Isak's numbers were 0.53 (22-23) and 0.83 (23-24).

I wrote a long post in his thread after the season that we can't really fail with him and both selling and keeping him have merits. He's a brilliant backup when fit but also getting the £10-15m fee would help instead of letting him walk next summer. Still think it's true, if he can score 10 goals in the league with limited minutes like last season he could easily be worth that 10-15 million fee we could have received for him. Finding replacement would be very expensive like you said in a window where we have two very clear big money needs (RW and CB).

You make good points as usual, I think the biggest issue is he isn’t effective cover because of his poor fitness record, if Isak is injured we have a good chance Wilson is also injured leaving us up shit creek. 

Hid age, injury history and contract length certainly puts us in a tricky position mind, sensible thing is probably trying to extend him for another year and sell him :lol: