Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Actually agree about the Euros, he wasn't that good. But I've seen Palace games where he's looked streets ahead of their level. 

We will see how much he ends up costing. 

He was solid at the euros. It's was tripps playing out of position and not left foots next to him which was the issue. Not throwing tripps under the bus either, he did really well but there was no balance at all inviting pressure in that area. Some right hospital passes played in front of him as well by players who should have been protecting him. 

Be a different story both of those players over on the right.

I assume Palace have leaked to Orny in hope that someone like Man Utd come in for a bid to drive up the price, as they’re in fear of just one club making a play.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not sure it will be quite that high.

At a guess, I'd say in the £50 - £60 million range.

Really rate him as a defender though, and so if we have to, and are able to go a bit higher, totally comfortable with that too.

Will be tied into the kind of deal we are going to do with the right winger.

Yeah lets see, but I agree think its worth going high here. Great player.

Just now, Sibierski said:

I assume Palace have leaked to Orny in hope that someone like Man Utd come in for a bid to drive up the price, as they’re in fear of just one club making a play.

They're after de ligt aren't they?

2 minutes ago, simonsays said:

I guess everyone's opinion will differ, but I thought he was probably England's best player at the Euro's - he was faultless.

Certainly England's best defender, and it was talked about loads at the time.

Had a great tournament.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

He was solid at the euros. It's was tripps playing out of position and not left foots next to him which was the issue. Not throwing tripps under the bus either, he did really well but there was no balance at all inviting pressure in that area. Some right hospital passes played in front of him as well by players who should have been protecting him. 

Be a different story both of those players over on the right.

Yeah, I'm not saying he was bad or anything. And my expectations for him were high. 

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ll be honest I’ve never been impressed with against us or in the Euros. Yes at the right amount maybe (£35-45m) but not seeing £60-70m player albeit I’ve not seen loads of him.

To be fair pretty much everyone looked shit for England in the euros , I know they got to the final but that was down to the draw and scraping through against lesser teams.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, I'm not saying he was bad or anything. And my expectations for him were high. 

I suppose mine were quite low. Especially as he was rusty in the friendlies coming into it. Thought he'd be a problem for us. 

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

They're after de ligt aren't they?

Yep, which may have led to the leak. As if it’s one club less, if there’s another out there, they’ll want them to come to the negotiating party. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You think we only have money for one significant signing?

Of course none of us really know what the plan is and how much money we have to spend - but my overriding point was if we're buying one player this summer that walks into the team, I'd want it to be a right winger.

If we get that right winger, it's all gravy! 

I just can't see with all the finances laid out how we're feasibly going to spend up to around the 70-100m mark this summer (Guehi + a top level right winger) without incurring some serious issues for PSR over the next few accounting periods

Edited by HawK

1 minute ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Stones.

Easy to look back through the England threads on here or even Google it.

Guehi was the one getting all the plaudits.