Marc Guehi

gdm

1 hour ago, junkhead said:

Gah.. So torn on this.. I like Guehi, he's been very reliable for several years now playing for a 'weaker' team. But I'd prefer a more dominant aerial presence from a CB in the PL. Especially for 60 mil and more.

Nikola Milenkovic went to Forest for 12 mil.. 1.95m, bit slow but athletic, leader, experienced in big games, mad serbian mentality, supermodel girlfriend..  much better option than Guehi for 60+ but ah well..

He's poor on the ball and doesn't pass as well from the back and we have been targeting the opposite in centre backs.

Edited by KaKa

He would be an excellent signing for us, not bothered by the price. That back 4 with Hall, Guehi, Batman and Livramento gives those in front a bit more freedom

Regardless of what the price is, going after a full England international is a display of intent.

Maybe an element of "had a decent tournament so must be good", but he's better than lascelles so improves us 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Watched some comps. I like his two footedness when distributing.  Easily play RCB or LCB. 

Felt great being in one of those "this is why 'Blank club' want 'said payer' comps. 

After seeing one, wouldn't even be mad if that was our only signing this summer, he's that good! 

2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Regardless of what the price is, going after a full England international is a display of intent.

Maybe an element of "had a decent tournament so must be good", but he's better than lascelles so improves us 

I think we're more of a "fantastic player who didn't have a good tournament so we'll get some value there" type club.

10 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

They don’t have to. Many clubs choose not to. If he has a good season, pushes them up the table a bit more then they’d still get decent money for him with a year left on his deal. They may also be hoping he changes his mind in that time. 

I dont think Crystal Palace is a team that can afford to not get any money for him. 

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve only seen three of them, and I wouldn’t count them either :) 

T-R-O-P-H-I-E-S.  Domestic. In our lifetime. 42-46 games. Hard slog. Competing. Winning. T-R-O-P-H-I-E-S.

(I’m still counting them… :evil5:

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

T-R-O-P-H-I-E-S.  Domestic. In our lifetime. 42-46 games. Hard slog. Competing. Winning. T-R-O-P-H-I-E-S.

(I’m still counting them… :evil5:

We counting the Mackems’ Papa Johns one too? ;) 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

We counting the Mackems’ Papa Johns one too? ;) 

Yes. Probably. Though not sure what it is/was. As regional capital we can possibly even count it as one of ours, really. 

7 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Watched some comps. I like his two footedness when distributing.  Easily play RCB or LCB. 

This guy :lol:

You have so much to say on all these players, often talking about how they're not good enough, and it's becoming increasingly clear you haven't really watched them!!!

This is so strange man.

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You have so much to say on all these players, often talking about how they're not good enough, and it's becoming increasingly clear you haven't really watched them!!!

This is so strange man.

Pretty sure you also have a lot to say on every player as well mind, that being said it’s a public forum and people are free to post their views. As long as they are sincere I’ve got no issues personally.

My worry is another club comes in and hijacks the move with wages etc. it’s highly likely he’s spoken to Gordon and Trippier at some point while away with England though.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Its a well known fact that when Botman signed he was 6ft2 and after a year of Howes coaching he grew to 6ft4.

I think a year under Howes guidance Guehi could easily reach the same height. Maybe even 6ft5.

57 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is so strange man.

You've noticed as well? But it's his opinion man!

51 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Pretty sure you also have a lot to say on every player as well mind, that being said it’s a public forum and people are free to post their views. As long as they are sincere I’ve got no issues personally.

I agree wholeheartedly.

It's the sincerity bit I wonder about.

I'm not sure if @The College Dropout is trolling or not at times.

There seems to be a theme of players we are after never being good enough, or moves the club makes not being the correct moves. Just so he can tell us what should have been done instead.

He immediately stated we should be doing better than Guehi yesterday, and then mentioned certain things about his game that sounded off. And then later says he watched some comps and was then pointing stuff out he liked that was a bit different from what he said originally.

He's off course entitled to post whatever he wants. Just find it a bit odd.

People have disagreed with stuff I post and they let me know about it too.

No one is stopping anyone from sharing their views. The public forum is functioning as it should.

He’s trolling.

Anyone who disagrees with me personally on any topic is a WUM. My opinions are so clear headed, well thought through and indisputably true that it’s the only explanation.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

This is so strange man.

Just sharing my opinions. Everyone has seen Marc Guehi play but I’ve not claimed to be an expert.  

I still don’t think he’s worth £60m for the reasons I’ve already shared. But clearly he’s a talented player with positive attributes.  

My opinions are usually fairly nuanced. Rarely is it ‘lad is shit’ or ‘lad is great’ if I make a comment. If we are about to unleash a FFP hack, I love it. If he’s the CB meant to take us to the next level and taking a massive chunk of our transfer budget - I don’t love it based from what I’ve seen of him.

Lads like Kelly and the striker - I’ve barely spoken about their ability. Never noticed them playing.  

I feel like some people are underestimating this kid cos he plays for Palace. Remember he came through the academy at Chelsea and became another victim of the Chelsea circus and moved on to get regular football. He's been nothing short of sensational for Palace and has just turned 24 last month. 

This would undoubtedly be a sensational signing and one of the signings of the summer.

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I agree wholeheartedly.

It's the sincerity bit I wonder about.

I'm not sure if @The College Dropout is trolling or not at times.

There seems to be a theme of players we are after never being good enough, or moves the club makes not being the correct moves. Just so he can tell us what should have been done instead.

He immediately stated we should be doing better than Guehi yesterday, and then mentioned certain things about his game that sounded off. And then later says he watched some comps and was then pointing stuff out he liked that was a bit different from what he said originally.

He's off course entitled to post whatever he wants. Just find it a bit odd.

People have disagreed with stuff I post and they let me know about it too.

No one is stopping anyone from sharing their views. The public forum is functioning as it should.

I hadn’t noticed using both feet when passing.  That’s good and cool. He’s still not a progressive passer.  Everything I’ve said about his ability I’ve backed up with why it’s my opinion and stats. 

He could very well end up showing he’s worth every penny and more. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Just sharing my opinions. Everyone has seen Marc Guehi play but I’ve not claimed to be an expert.  

I still don’t think he’s worth £60m for the reasons I’ve already shared. But clearly he’s a talented player with positive attributes.  

My opinions are usually fairly nuanced. Rarely is it ‘lad is shit’ or ‘lad is great’ if I make a comment. If we are about to unleash a FFP hack, I love it. If he’s the CB meant to take us to the next level and taking a massive chunk of our transfer budget - I don’t love it based from what I’ve seen of him.

Lads like Kelly and the striker - I’ve barely spoken about their ability. Never noticed them playing.  

Okay. It's just sometimes I just get really confused about where you're coming from with things.

Yesterday you had said Guehi wasn't a good passer and it didn't show up in the stats. And watching him doesn't match up with that.

Neither do the stats. And when I showed you his passing stats, you completely ignored those, and then showed me a different comparison of two players altogether, asking me which one was the £60 million player.

As if just looking at those stats determine a players value. Had I shown you Gordon's numbers for his Everton stint, they looked like he was a £10 million player. But then, you were dead against that signing too.

I think maybe you focus too much on the stats and not what they do on the pitch, and how that would translate in the system we play etc.

20 minutes ago, christ said:

He’s trolling.

Anyone who disagrees with me personally on any topic is a WUM. My opinions are so clear headed, well thought through and indisputably true that it’s the only explanation.

This is silly.

That's a heck of a fee mind. Obviously I see the appeal of a Tino-Botman-Guehi-Hall back four and I have confidence in Nickson/Mitchell/Howe etc. 

Fingers crossed there's money in the budget for the difference maker at RW we want.

My hope is that we've (almost) confirmed the 3rd CF we wanted at £10-15m, we believe we can get the RW we want either for a decent fee or on a loan-with-obligation and that's why we're throwing wads of cash at our top CB target.

Probably is £10-15m on the over-priced side to an outsider, but we clearly aren't short of money and RCB is one of two long-term positions we need to become a real force, so I think to us it's worth it.