Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Hmm, I think no news is generally considered good news.

We don’t want bad news and irrelevant news here 

Guehi just ticks too many boxes.

Good on the ball, adds the pace we lack, proven PL player and seems to resoundingly pass the "no dickheads" rule.

Aside from bad injury luck, it's almost impossible to see him not being a resounding success here.

1 minute ago, Andy84 said:

We don’t want bad news and irrelevant news here 

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Hmm, I think no news is generally considered good news.

I'm not saying Paul Mitchell’s been unlucky this window, but if he fell into a barrel full of tits, he'd come up sucking his own thumb

28 minutes ago, TRon said:

Feels like City get a lot of stick for playing really good football, but it's a great analogy. :lol:

They are excellent (probably the best) at suffocating the life out of a team with possession football. It’s very effective but it does my head in. Just fucking go for the jugular, ramming speed. Thankfully that’s what Eddie wants us to do :indi:

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Here's one, would we rather have Thiaw at £35 million or Guehi at circa £60 million?

Guehi if we can get the deal done, like others have said, he's already proven. But if it falls through would be more than happy with Thiaw as I feel we've done our homework on him and he'll be a good addition. Just think he might not be quite as good as Guehi, therefore the extra money would be well spent.

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Here's one, would we rather have Thiaw at £35 million or Guehi at circa £60 million?

How much for Tomori?

I don't get the Chalobah thing. He looked really good from what I saw last season, better than Badiashile. That was the tail end of the season when Chelsea were dreadfully good. Now  they've got Tosin, who apparently stunk things up.

Is Chalobah any good? He's 25 and just breaking through now. Haven't much in terms of rumours or a price tag. 

So selling Gallagher and Chalobah are both "pure profit" moves?

40 minutes ago, LFEE said:

How much for Tomori?

Guessing he ultimately wouldn't have been much less than Thiaw.

Guehi is probably like a £6-8m annual premium on Thiaw. Seems worth it to me. 

Just now, Kanji said:

Tomori clearly seems happy in Milan, no? And hasn’t made the same impact on England as Guehi, right or wrong. 

My guess, Tomori goes City in a year or two. Maybe Liverpool 

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Tomori is really overrated. Guehi is a lot better imo.

That’s a tough one. Tomori really stood out when we faced them in the UCL. I shit myself anytime anyone got near him. Sensed danger two steps ahead of anyone on the field.  

If this goes through, we at least have the next big thing. Tomori is big four bound or even big club in Europe bound.  AC Milan’s a stepping stone to him. 

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Huijsen for 12m and a right winger please

I trust Mitchell but Guehi feels like a Howe move. Hoping its a smokescreen for a lesser-known talent and RW is where we loosen the purse strings. (Assuming we can't splash on both positions)

58 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

That’s a tough one. Tomori really stood out when we faced them in the UCL. I shit myself anytime anyone got near him. Sensed danger two steps ahead of anyone on the field.  

If this goes through, we at least have the next big thing. Tomori is big four bound or even big club in Europe bound.  AC Milan’s a stepping stone to him. 

Yeah I’m basing my Tomori judgement on the games against us. Thought he was great.

Also basing my judgement of Guehi on the games against us and the Euros. Thought he was very hit and miss after a very good first game.

Thiaw only saw the once against us and remember very little about him TBH.

Will definitely leave this one to the experts. With PSR a thing we can’t just discount the size of the fee not being important though. Hence I don’t want us to be getting our pants taken down by Palace off the back of a tournament. As he was going for less when he had 3yrs on his contract.

I did say in my first post in this thread I would be wary of getting too excited about this deal because his agent might be using us to negotiate a fee then when Liverpool step in at the right price, he fucks off there. Not saying that's going to happen, but just let's not put all our eggs in one basket.

Would be really happy with this, was impressed by Guehi at the Euros, though can't say I watched a lot of him for Palace in the league. Perhaps most important is the message it will send to our rivals and other players we go for - we're here to compete for the best players.

Just now, TRon said:

I did say in my first post in this thread I would be wary of getting too excited about this deal because his agent might be using us to negotiate a fee then when Liverpool step in at the right price, he fucks off there. Not saying that's going to happen, but just let's not put all our eggs in one basket.

Yep. I said when the news broke there was something fishy about the wording. Ornstein I feel pipes up when deal is getting rubber stamped with Romano following closely behind. The tweet read like a sales pitch to alert clubs.

Just now, toontownman said:

I find the lack of relevant embedded tweets, over the last 24 hours, disturbing...

..borderline worrying.

It will pick up on Monday. Expecting seismic movement this week one way or another.