Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Too long for my ADHD brain. Someone give me a summary. 

Ignore the twitter itk both clubs are optimistic. Palace want to sell because he’s got 2 years left and we need him. 

2 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I managed about a minute and he gave a couple digs at itk’s.  

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Ignore the twitter itk both clubs are optimistic. Palace want to sell because he’s got 2 years left and we need him. 

that’s for having the patients to watch the whole thing for the sentence of actual info😄

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I managed about a minute and he gave a couple digs at itk’s.  

that’s for having the patients to watch the whole thing for the sentence of actual info😄

Got through 4 mins :lol:

but to be honest, those kind of videos are just farming engagement. Total none update we have concrete interest might as well wait for a more concrete update for which I’m sure the thread title will be updated. :thup: 

Yeah, Tonali, Isak and Bruno were way more 'exciting' signings in that sense. Unless you're signing a Nesta, a CB signing will never be 'that' exciting. Even his current status as 'starting England CB' was because Maguire surprisingly got dropped. Not sure under the new manager whoever he is, that his position is as certain - whereas Stones definitely would be a starting CB. That said, not complaining as he's a very good player and seems a great fit. 

14 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Same. Started listening at work and realised after 2 minutes I was no where near the end of the video.

Yeah, as good as he is as a defensive signing, I never get to excited about defenders.

If we get the RW we need, and him, and can seemingly afford it, that is slightly different - he could return our defense to the 22/23 levels, and then I think we have a chance.

I can get excited by signing defenders.  I was when we signed Woodgate.  I wasn’t particularly excited by Tonali or Bruno tbh (though Isak was exciting in terms of potential).  Signing players from the PL means you know what you’re getting.  

I think real, top class defenders slot in very quickly - and you immediately see the step up in quality.  I always find it surprising that people undervalue the importance of quality in goal or in the back line.  Top defenders add to my enjoyment of matches massively - they give a confidence where nervousness used to be.  

Every single transfer is a gamble, but we spent 14 years bemoaning Ashley for not "getting the deal done" when we were this close to a signing and not pushing the extra cash at it. £40m gets you Kilman, Guehi is 3 years younger and ahead of him at international level. £45-50m is probably market value, to us who are desperate for another CB short term but also looking at a Schar long-term replacement, £60m is worth it for me. 

I really hope this goes through - an absolutely unbelievable signing and huge statement of intent!

Hall - Botman - Guehi - Tino

All under 24!

I recall during one of the Euro matches saying he'll end up at Man City so fingers and bollocks crossed we get it 'OVER THE LINE' to quote Pardew!

Haven’t read all posts in detail but has anyone actually come out and said he’d be a bad signing? I don’t think so right? I think the concerns well my concerns are the fee is a lot and we have weaknesses in other areas I’d like filled first. I think he will be class personally but question how we will be able to balance the books. 

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

I really hope this goes through - an absolutely unbelievable signing and huge statement of intent!

Hall - Botman - Guehi - Tino

All under 24!

I recall during one of the Euro matches saying he'll end up at Man City so fingers and bollocks crossed we get it 'OVER THE LINE' to quote Pardew!

Surely that’s an Alan Oliver quote, not Pardew? 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Haven’t read all posts in detail but has anyone actually come out and said he’d be a bad signing? I don’t think so right? I think the concerns well my concerns are the fee is a lot and we have weaknesses in other areas I’d like filled first. I think he will be class personally but question how we will be able to balance the books. 

I hear the RW argument, but I think it's way overblown. Murphy and Almiron are adequate, and Gordon is probably a top 6 RW in his own right. We could go a season with that group and do very well.

If anything happens to Schar, Burn or Kelly on the first 6 months of the season with no CB brought in, we are literally fucked. Here's a chance to kill two birds with one stone (add depth to an injury-hit position and sign a long-term replacement for Schar). We'd be stupid not to go for it..

54 minutes ago, Zero said:

Come back next Jun. I think you are right but sanity is not welcomed at this moment, when most of the people just want a marque signing to improve the team in a short run

This is a huge gamble, like it or not

It's not that it's not welcome :lol:

It's just that there's nothing we can do about it, so after it's been mentioned once or twice or thrice, not sure why we keep getting told it will lead to PSR issues.

We can't stop the transfer man. Or are we supposed to be upset and stop discussing the player signing because it might be bad for PSR?

All we can really do is let the people in charge of these things navigate it all, and hope for the best really.

Not having a dig, but sounds as though there's a reaction you're looking for in response to the PSR info that is shared, but not sure what it is you're expecting from folks!

Edited by KaKa

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I hear the RW argument, but I think it's way overblown. Murphy and Almiron are adequate, and Gordon is probably a top 6 RW in his own right. We could go a season with that group and do very well.

If anything happens to Schar, Burn or Kelly on the first 6 months of the season with no CB brought in, we are literally fucked. Here's a chance to kill two birds with one stone (add depth to an injury-hit position and sign a long-term replacement for Schar). We'd be stupid not to go for it..

Nothing to suggest Gordon is a top 6 RW mind, I think he’s top class on the left but on the right he’s pretty untested. Miggy and Murphy aren’t players who have the quality to be playing for a top 6 Side mind I really like them both but I wouldn’t want to see them starting. 

We will have a lot of Cb if we buy Guehi when everyone is fit too, Jamal, Schar, Botman, Burn, Kelly and Guehi granted Burn and Kelly can play fullback. 

Hopefully we can shift some players and fill both positions. 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think he'll be a good signing, but will probably mean we don't get a RW which means we'll still have one area where we aren't top class. I can't see us spending big on two positions in one window.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Schar scored more goals than Murphy and Miggy last season mind. Burn not far behind. It’s a glaring weakness in our side imo.

RW is the big area for improvement, but so is CB. 

Hopefully we'll get both, I'm sure the club know that neither Juice or Miggy are CL-level forwards. But they both work hard and try to follow instructions.