Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve been told this is a matter of when (imminent), not if. Sounds like some of the players have been in touch with him this week and it’s the expectation that he’ll be through the door before the end of the week in time to play some part this weekend.

Source? [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve been told this is a matter of when (imminent), not if. Sounds like some of the players have been in touch with him this week and it’s the expectation that he’ll be through the door before the end of the week in time to play some part this weekend.

jack nicholson art GIF by hoppip

1 minute ago, JP said:

Source? [emoji38]

Shadow Puppets is the source. Don't need to know anything more than that

Edited by jack j

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Doesn’t sound much Gordon’s had his ‘head turned’ if he’s tapping up England players for us…

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Even if the player doesn’t want to go back to said basket case club?  [emoji38]

no idea lol - never heard of this clause before to be honest and had to chatgpt WTF it meant.  I mean it's not slavery, you can't force them 

54 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Chelsea get to have the same bid accepted, after that it would be up to the player to decide

People massively misunderstand how this matching bid works

no misunderstanding for me - I'll happily admit, I haven't a f*cking clue

RW is of course greatly needed, but Guehi is a transformative (and a statement) signing for our defence. Really happy for this. 

I hate all these song suggestions, but in my ear My Sharona transforms quite easily to Marc Guehi

7 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Mmmm , not quite.

Bland has a few decent contacts to be fair.

lets see

Well I hope you’re right but he’s been roundly pilloried on here since he said that Wilson was trying to force a move and half arsing training. 

10 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

£40m up front sounds better (in PSR terms :bluestar:).

Feel like I need to do my duty and say this is a really cool signing. Hadn't felt serious when Gordon was talking about him in the Euros. Not necessarily the way I'd go about it (re: RW) but it's an impressive signing and I agree with the idea that a quality player can raise your team in ways you hadn't even imagined before you had them.

Really positive he's apparently so keen to join, says good things about what we're still doing. Seems a very likable lad from what I've seen, think he'll fit in well.

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

£40m up front sounds better (in PSR terms :bluestar:).

Feel like I need to do my duty and say this is a really cool signing. Hadn't felt serious when Gordon was talking about him in the Euros. Not necessarily the way I'd go about it (re: RW) but it's an impressive signing and I agree with the idea that a quality player can raise your team in ways you hadn't even imagined before you had them.

Really positive he's apparently so keen to join, says good things about what we're still doing. Seems a very likable lad from what I've seen, think he'll fit in well.

All aboard the joy ride :indi:

17 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

You're doing ITK wrong, you're meant to be saying stuff like 'keep the faith' and '👀🐤'

Important for the other stars to feel we’re still serious at moving forward this type of deal too. Signing a CB that started every game (when available) throughout the Euros, for big fee, will reassure them and give them added motivation to kick on.

The RW will really get things moving too. Giving our fixtures on paper start of season, if we can get the wins early on the board, with playing one game a week, there’s every chance we can a good groove going with confidence high in training every week with everyone happy and chomping to be involved.

2 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Important for the other stars to feel we’re still serious at moving forward this type of deal too. Signing a CB that started every game (when available) throughout the Euros, for big fee, will reassure them and give them added motivation to kick on.

The RW will really get things moving too. Giving our fixtures on paper start of season, if we can get the wins early on the board, with playing one game a week, there’s every chance we can a good groove going with confidence high in training every week with everyone happy and chomping to be involved.

Unleash Tonali! 

Tbf, given the state of Sky Sports News these days, I'm guessing Keith doesn't have his finger on the pulse the way he used to.  That and the club are fairly quiet themselves.  No more Charnley feeding them bullshit. 

This is the kinda signing I imagined us making when the Saudis took over (IE the best upcoming young talent). Last time we signed the England Euros star of the tournament for big money, it turned out alright.

Edited by Skeletor

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

genuine question, why does it take so long to ‘table a bid’? 

Probably because it’s sensible to take your time as a business before committing to multi-million pound decisions.

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

genuine question, why does it take so long to ‘table a bid’? 

So many people involved these days, agents taking a cut etc.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Probably because it’s sensible to take your time as a business before committing to multi-million pound decisions.

We dont need to we know how good he is and we know how much money we have.  We should sign an RW first though then well know exactly how much we have.