Marc Guehi

gdm

Just hope we don’t keep wasting too much time on it if we aren’t convinced that the deal will get done. I’m fine if it’s a game of chess taking time if we do get the deal done.  If numbers are to be believed we do seem quite far off their valuation as of now. 

Hopefully 55m + add ons (5-10) can get it done. Think we will have to get up towards 60m + add ons though. 

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is that any different to what has already been reported?

Second bid, so aye. Otherwise, no, not much different. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, geordiekris said:

Feels like a deals unlikely if after a second bid we're still over 15 million apart

Maybe aye, however it’s not quite as easy always tbh. Could very well mean that we are prepared to go quite a bit higher but put a 2nd bid in too low which we know will be rejected. Say we put 55m for example it would still get rejected. 50 now makes our last and third final offer look much better if it goes from 50 to 60 for example. Bid 55 2nd bid and we might have to pay 65 in the end instead. Or something like that :lol: 

Maybe just maybe Palace have asked us to keep quiet until they sort out deals for replacements so they don’t get rinsed completely. Unlikely but possible.

Or maybe to reach the amount required we might want to move at least one player on.

Edited by LFEE

'Just under' £50million according to the article. 

I think he'll leave Crystal Palace; they'll be motivated to sell on account of now being the last chance to get maximum value, and the player's head will have been turned.

Whether its to us, I dunno. I wouldn't say it has a 'gazumping' written all over it, but the longer we go without getting a deal done, the chances increase. I'm surprised Liverpool aren't in for him seeing as he's apparently available at what you'd consider to be a competitive price. 

Palace are hoping Villa come into the conversation. Be gutted if we don’t get it over the line, but then would be equally happy if we randomly plunge for  another solid CB and it’s an agreed deal.

34 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Just hope we don’t keep wasting too much time on it if we aren’t convinced that the deal will get done. I’m fine if it’s a game of chess taking time if we do get the deal done.  If numbers are to be believed we do seem quite far off their valuation as of now. 

Hopefully 55m + add ons (5-10) can get it done. Think we will have to get up towards 60m + add ons though. 

There will be encouraging signs that it’ll get done, it’s not like we are chucking them lowball bids which suggests they can’t be to far apart on a valuation. 

Even if it does drag on, I think wasting time is a bit of an overstatement. The next target on the list is likely a fair step down from Guehi, and it’s our priority position.. understand we leave ourselves at risk if we gamble on getting it done late in the window but I don’t think that’ll be the case.

"Talks are being led by Palace co-owner Steve Parish and Newcastle sporting director Paul Mitchell with negotiations described as productive despite the fact an agreement is yet to be struck."

Seems like it's going in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

The timing of our bids is against us somewhat. They've just sold Olise for 50.8 million. Financially they don't need to sell, although his price may never be as high as it is currently.

If the player doesn't intend on signing a new contract then I'd argue that they do and ideally (from their point of view) this window. 

Have there been any players we've publicly had bids rejected for since the first window, who we've not signed? We've been strongly linked with players who we haven't bought obviously, but can't think of any since Lingard and Diego Carlos in the first window who we've not just pushed on with and bought. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Have there been any players we've publicly had bids rejected for since the first window, who we've not signed? We've been strongly linked with players who we haven't bought obviously, but can't think of any since Lingard and Diego Carlos in the first window who we've not just pushed on with and bought. 

Pedro ? 

£50m was always going to be knocked back and rightfully so in this current market. Feels a waste of time low balling its obvious we'll need to bid at least £60m, he is now an established England centre back and only 24

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Pretty sure we went after Dele Alli before he ended up at Everton, so we did well to dodge that one. Same probably goes for Lingard tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Carlos and Kilman.

Can say we didnt push on with Kilman. The whole thing was weird.

Edited by nufc123