Marc Guehi

gdm

I’ve just got a feeling this will be done eventually.

Howe’s comments he’s optimistic at least one will be coming in, quality over quantity etc and that CB is a position we’re working on.

Although no names were mentioned it all seems to tally that Guehi is who he’s referring to. 

3rd bid expected this week according to some journo from the Mail. Reckons we'll move on if its unsuccessful.

Would embed the tweet but my feed refreshed and I can't find it anymore.

Feels quite significant that they've already got an eye on replacements.

It more than confirms that they expect him to leave.

Or possibly it's us saying this is take it or leave time, we're not going higher.

It's been a week or so since it was announced we were negotiating. Plenty of time for other clubs to get involved if they wanted to.

Sounds like they've had offers for guehi and anderson so time for them to weight up what's the better deal.

Reading between the lines, I wonder if he wanted to leave last summer and was asked to give it another season, similar to Olise.

It seems odd that they seem so resigned to losing him. It's like they have openly accepted that he's leaving, which is odd given the reputation of their chairman.

I reckon Guehi gets done. He's probably at his highest price point with Palace off the back of a good EUROS and with two years left on his contract. They dont need to sell but it makes sense. Another year and they wont get anywhere near as much with a year left on his deal. 

Some interesting bits from that Daily Mail article:

- Says Malick Thiaw wasn't as keen on a move to Newcastle as he wants to play Champions League with Milan this season.

- Also says Palace are willing to make Guehi one of the highest paid players in club history to keep him.

- Also, although Guehi is the preferred target, if the next bid is unsuccessful, we have other targets we will move for.

Parish will take our third offer if the threat of walking away from the deal is real and there are no other serious takers at that price, and if there were I think we would have heard about it by now 

This gets done by the end of the week imo 

Edited by Nine