Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

As far as I know (ie how much my contact knows), this isn’t yet done. (As of about 3 hours ago at least)

They’re still confident it’s imminent, as they have been since last week.  Nothing’s changed today that I’m aware of, but obviously things can change very quickly. 🤷‍♂️

Flying David Tennant GIF by BBC America

Still flying then

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

As far as I know (ie how much my contact knows), this isn’t yet done. (As of about 3 hours ago at least)

They’re still confident it’s imminent, as they have been since last week.  Nothing’s changed today that I’m aware of, but obviously things can change very quickly. 🤷‍♂️

Nufcwill1892 sweating reading this 

I think will get a CB and a RW. But one will be a blockbuster signing the other a project player like Osula but more first team ready.

So if we get Guehi the RW will be the project signing. If the offer is turned down will get someone like Thiaw and a RW who is an instant first teamer. 

I think this will be the final offer. If Palace don't come to an agreement, we'll probably look elsewhere for a back up solution then maybe go back in January when the price will be lower.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think this will be the final offer. If Palace don't come to an agreement, we'll probably look elsewhere for a back up solution then maybe go back in January when the price will be lower.

According the the athletic update this morning, we are in active talks with other CB targets already in case this one doesn’t happen.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

According the the athletic update this morning, we are in active talks with other CB targets already in case this one doesn’t happen.

Aye that makes sense. I think our offer is pretty generous given this is probably the last window Palace can maximise his fee.

Just now, TRon said:

Aye that makes sense. I think our offer is pretty generous given this is probably the last window Palace can maximise his fee.

I agree with that. Palace may try to offer him a new contract though. If he agreed to extend his contract then Palace won’t sell. 

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

I agree with that. Palace may try to offer him a new contract though. If he agreed to extend his contract then Palace won’t sell. 

Yep they did that with Olise first time around and tried it again before he went to Bayern. Don’t rule it out and I hope we’ve got the contingency options lined up in case.

Imagine its been accepted and they're just working on getting a replacement deal mostly sorted.  Don't want to announce it yet to put the price up for potential suitors I suppose...

43 minutes ago, Zero said:

If he signs a new contract then he doesn't want the move anyway.

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But we ‘know’ he does want the move, so seems unlikely. 

Yeah I doubt he's signing any new contract, I was just answering the question.

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

If he signs a new contract then he doesn't want the move anyway.

If they won’t sell him at the offer price he might take a bit extra money for a year and an agreed release clause for next summer. Palace get another year and reduce risk of him leaving for nothing in two years. It’s a consolation prize for him 

However I think everyone wants the transfer to go through now.