Marc Guehi

gdm

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Yes, name that unknown talent Zero or you are wrong!!!

But you do understand the irony right? 

Mitchell and Co are good enough at their job to go and identify targets but aren't good enough to choose which target to sign.:lol:

Reads rather stupid to me.

15 minutes ago, Zero said:

then did Arsenal buy so-called established English internationals at their peak value, or go for unearthed gems like Saliba and Gabriel a few years ago?

I understand the desperation and frustration but to say the club should increase the bid 

genuinely speaking, is fucking insane. For that price we basically gambled all our fortunes on him to be VVD, and I can’t imagine what if he failed to fit in or get a lengthy injury.

the only club that did this kind of deals, being a laughing stock, is Man Utd, e.g. Antony and Sancho. They all got lots of reasons to justify the ridiculous bid, and see what happens?

Another question is, if that’s the way to go, then why hire Mitchell? He won’t have money left to buy so-called unearthed gems anyway. All eggs in Guehi.

I’m not arguing for increasing the bid, that’s up to the club. I’m just saying Guehi is a class player. 

Of course everyone would rather buy players cheap before they become sought-after, but I don’t think you can use that logic to say that any signing for big money is a bad idea. 

Liverpool were desperate for a defender, went out and paid massive money for VDV and won the league. 

4 minutes ago, STM said:

But you do understand the irony right? 

Mitchell and Co are good enough at their job to go and identify targets but aren't good enough to choose which target to sign.:lol:

Reads rather stupid to me.

they need time to find and access targets right? Just less than 60 days on broad and you expect him to do a magic? 

What I see is everyone including you and, likely Howe, are putting pressure on the club to “ah I don’t care fuck it sign a marque star and all would be fine” without considering the consequence. 

take a look at the transfer record table, and think whether those transfers are hit or miss. And then think again those big clubs made those transfers back at the days with no FFP and PSR limit, while we just forced to sell two youngster or face point deductions 

just leave the table please.

29 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Didn't realise Fulham had upped their bid for Anderson.

Yep, looks like as well as trying to get a better bid or other interest for Guehi, they're playing us off against Fulham. 

I expect these things happen all the time, just not so publicly. But, I don't know, maybe sometimes resorting to public comments is a sign you're in a bit of trouble.

56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Pretty sure it's just an error.

They said on the transfer show earlier, but I think they were supposed to say ‘Is their 3rd bid accepted?’.

My take on it all is that Parish didn't actually say anything incorrect: we haven't met their valuation and it's open to others to do so, highlighting this when Guehi is possibly at the peak of his value (although it's credible to think it might get higher after another season of impressive stats and consistent selections or England). It may be that they did reject bid 3 but will go back to it at the point at which it's the only credible offer on the table. He's a long way from saying e.g. we have no intention of selling and the chat only starts once valuation is met.

It is open to some scrutiny and question why some of our deals seem to take quite a while to play out, but as others have pointed out if this was dead in the water or moving near that conclusion you'd think one of the journalists with some plausible source or link would be saying so. I do think there's a reality where Palace keep him and gamble his value goes up (e.g. if they can persuade him to sign an extension on higher wages with an agreement that he can leave if a certain valuation isn't met by a certain point next summer). 

I think if the player wants it, it will probably happen, but not until window's end.

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Why has Downie and the local journals been so quiet on this?

he commented on twitter that the comment on SSN "Must be a typo in his auto cue!"  

6 minutes ago, Chris L said:

he commented on twitter that the comment on SSN "Must be a typo in his auto cue!"  

I just meant regarding Parish's comments, he hasn't had his view on it has he?

Parish pulled a cunt's trick but  unfortunately he's holding the whip hand. With Fulham ready to spend big on the older of the Palace CBs, there's absolutely no pressure on Palace to cave at all. We really should start looking at other options assuming we have any. If we really want Guehi we'll have to find out what they'll accept and make a call sooner rather than later. At the end of the window they might call it off anyway as they might not be able to get a replacement in time.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting they're reporting we're still waiting to hear back on the latest bid though.

that bastard has told SSN befoe us he's accepted the bid - i'd tell him to shove it up his arse 

Just now, TRon said:

Parish pulled a cunt's trick but  unfortunately he's holding the whip hand. With Fulham ready to spend big on the older of the Palace CBs, there's absolutely no pressure on Palace to cave at all. We really should start looking at other options assuming we have any. If we really want Guehi we'll have to find out what they'll accept and make a call sooner rather than later. At the end of the window they might call it off anyway as they might not be able to get a replacement in time.

I agree we should move on but I do believe he won't sign a new deal and they could be out of pocket here, that's what i'm hoping for.

Are they not waiting for someone to move for Eze? They cant really lose Eze, Guehi and Olise in the same window. Imagine we lost Isak, Bruno and Gordon in the same window the fans would go mental.

If Eze doesnt move then we get Guehi?

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting they're reporting we're still waiting to hear back on the latest bid though.

Is that from sky ? Haven’t better sources already said rejected ?

It is a bit weird how that interview's happened, but it hasn't been widely reported that the deal's off mind. I was expecting that to be the natural next step after that interview