Marc Guehi

gdm

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is that from sky ? Haven’t better sources already said rejected ?

Mokbel, who’s thick as thieves with Palace, says rejected.

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It is a bit weird how that interview's happened, but it hasn't been widely reported that the deal's off mind. I was expecting that to be the natural next step after that interview

Yep, the longer we go without the big journos coming out and saying the bid has been rejected/we are moving on the more likely it is that this was all just posturing from Parish.

3 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

This clearly isn’t dead 

No, obviously I may be wrong but if we still want him and no one else comes in, it should happen towards the end of the window.

22 minutes ago, TRon said:

Parish pulled a cunt's trick but  unfortunately he's holding the whip hand. With Fulham ready to spend big on the older of the Palace CBs, there's absolutely no pressure on Palace to cave at all. We really should start looking at other options assuming we have any. If we really want Guehi we'll have to find out what they'll accept and make a call sooner rather than later. At the end of the window they might call it off anyway as they might not be able to get a replacement in time.

To be fair, a club can't go after a now first choice England international in his prime off the back of a great showing in a major tournament and not expect to pay a massive premium for that.

It's the kind of signing where it's got to be a bit of an open chequebook and being prepared to get rinsed a bit if the club is serious about it.

If we're looking for good value for money, this was never where that was.

38 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Mokbel, who’s thick as thieves with Palace, says rejected.

In his article, he said that's the assumption based on the interview, but it hasn't been confirmed.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

In his article, he said that's the assumption based on the interview, but it hasn't been confirmed.

It’s a fair assumption mind based on the comments.

Whatever happens on Guehi won’t be down to Mitchell and he can’t be judged on it.

Palace won’t let both Guéhi and Anderson go in the same window. If Fulham get dragged into offering more for Anderson they’ll price Guehi out of a move unless we go stupid. 

If Guéhi stays at Palace let’s hope he runs his contract down and gets his move, be that to us or elsewhere. Parish could do with the proverbial bloody nose.

Just now, Tsunami said:

Whatever happens on Guehi won’t be down to Mitchell and he can’t be judged on it.

How long have you been on here? :lol: 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s a fair assumption mind based on the comments.

Aye, though promising if they're still negotiating. The mood music seems to be the last bid wasn't far off, despite Parish's comments.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

How long have you been on here? :lol: 

No idea, drafted a reply, went on lunch, took the dogs out and realised some time later that i hadn’t pressed submit. 

If you means years - too many 

If I should know better - I should.

It’s Parish’s job to look after Palace. I’m not convinced their end of season form continues into the 24/25 but that’s just my opinion.

I'd also be shocked if Guehi was the best CB we could buy for that money, but a) I don’t know exactly how much ‘that money’ is and b) no one should regard my opinion over EH, PM, SN and whoever else is involved.

When EH says it’s hard to find players who improve the first 11 a couple of things come to mind. Schar > Guehi imo. Schar is aging though. 
There a multiple players with better stats than Miggy, Murphy, Longstaff and, if we’re just talking numbers Joelinton. JL clearly does a lot of good stuff in the middle though that doesn’t involve crucial shot stopping blocks, tackles and interceptions in and around our penalty area, goals, assists or line breaking passing up the other end.
So, the normal stats we see on the usual websites don’t really illuminate JL’s contributions.

However, the other 3 can clearly be improved upon. Once Tripps phases out of the team and his creativity with it, we’ll need a player on that side that makes things happen. Tino looks very good running with the ball but he doesn’t look like he’s got a wand of a right foot like Tripps or TTA, for example. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

If Palace are turning down 65m for him then he's there for life unless he runs his contract down, which he wil

Seems impossible that they won't cash in. Letting him go for free would be a disaster. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Seems impossible that they won't cash in. Letting him go for free would be a disaster. 

If he carries on playing well they will still get a decent fee for him next summer. Might actually have more clubs bidding for him then.

Not saying the same amount but for an extra year’s service they might not be that bothered. They’ll double their money on him still and if Anderson goes this summer and replaced it gives them plenty of time to secure the right replacement.

Didn’t Mount move for £55+5 with only one year left on his contract?

Didn’t Rice only have one year left on his contract. 

Guehi could have a standout season and still go for big money next year. 

Bit shit we’re now into mid August and still not addressed the main two areas. 

Thrown in a random bid for Kilman and spent an age on Guehi. 

Good start hopefully on pitch this weekend as a palate cleanser please.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Didn’t Mount move for £55+5 with only one year left on his contract?

Didn’t Rice only have one year left on his contract. 

Guehi could have a standout season and still go for big money next year. 

Mount did but I think West Ham had a years option on Rice so it was effectively two.

He could have a good season and not lose too much off his value, but it’s unquestionably a risk as a loss of form or an injury probably costs you £30m+

4 minutes ago, Chris L said:

2nd august the news "broke" 

Ah did it? I must be suffering more than I thought. 

Still under two weeks, and that includes a weekend. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo