Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, HayDen Traces said:

Genuinely think he'll surprise a few on here much like Gordon has. Eddie can see this lad has the ability to achieve elite level and he's a popular lad in the dressing room. Calm, mature and commands respect.

We're spending big money for a big reason.

Yeah thankfully Howe and co are choosing players and not members of the forum 😂

A bit confused, has anyone said he won’t be a good signing? If yes can you please share the posts?

I think the concerns are relating to the price and affordability when it comes to compliance with the rules. 

6 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Basically gave Palace everything they wanted and then some. As long as we aren't fire selling Bruno, Isak, Gordon, Tonali next window then it's probably defensible if the club think he's the next big thing.

I don't personally see it just based on a few games against weak countries in the Euros and an average season in the prem, but trust the club have put their finger on a gem here. Worth noting he's only a year older than Gordon.

It obviously depends on our end of season league position

I genuinely think there is no buffer left and if we are unable to qualify for Europe, Howe must be sacked, and we would undergo a lot of squad restructuring to reset the PSR calculations

From the Standard:

"Despite failing to meet Palace’s demands, Newcastle are understood to be confident in brokering a deal for Guehi. The bid was not immediately rejected and negotiations between Palace chairman Steve Parish and Paul Mitchell, Newcastle’s sporting director, are ongoing."

Just now, r0cafella said:

A bit confused, has anyone said he won’t be a good signing? If yes can you please share the posts?

I think the concerns are relating to the price and affordability when it comes to compliance with the rules. 

There are two risks involved

1. Whether he worths the price

2. Even if he is fucking brilliant, the team as a whole has to perform magnificently and get a top 6 finish minimum

1 minute ago, Zero said:

There are two risks involved

1. Whether he worths the price

2. Even if he is fucking brilliant, the team as a whole has to perform magnificently and get a top 6 finish minimum

Surely number 2 applies anyway. 

£65M for us to spend on a centre half is just difficult to comprehend.

I don't think anybody believes he isnt a good signing.

Edited by Klaus

2 minutes ago, OCK said:

He's called Marc, I can't think of a single elite athlete called Marc.

Elite.

image.thumb.png.7534655288edd8a04a6bc47ea5dd4339.png

Edited by Fak

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Given what happened recently I highly doubt they’re going to take any major chances. It might just mean being more clever with a RW transfer.

12 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Yeah, that defender was also Harry Maguire 😂 

This really isn't the response you might think it is. 

If anything that emphasises the point that there is a massive premium on England players in their prime.

6 minutes ago, OCK said:

Marc Elite. OK then I stand corrected. Carry on.

I hit Submit before I pasted the pic of Hottiger in!

40 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Off topic but what has happened to Alex Murphy? Never seem to see him mentioned. 

Good question. My best guess is it's not quite working out, seeing as he seems to have dropped off the radar. Maybe a loan this season to prove himself?

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Given what happened recently I highly doubt they’re going to take any major chances. It might just mean being more clever with a RW transfer.

I’m keeping my FFP/PSR posts to that thread but I will say that we don’t have the revenue to tank 100m+ net spend summers at this point. 

7 minutes ago, OCK said:

He's called Marc, I can't think of a single elite athlete called Marc.

Ex-NBA title, DPOTY award winner Marc Gasol.

Marc Marquez, Motorbiker.

Marc Overmars.

Marc Wilmots.

5 minutes ago, 80 said:

Good question. My best guess is it's not quite working out, seeing as he seems to have dropped off the radar. Maybe a loan this season to prove himself?

Isnt he injured as per Howe's Japan presser?