Marc Guehi

gdm

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still confident ?

I haven’t got a fucking clue anymore to be honest mate. As of yesterday afternoon Guehi was telling members of our squad that he was expecting to be travelling up here to sort the formalities today (or certainly from the impression he gave very very soon).

I have no idea if anything has fundamentally changed or whether it’s just taking (even) longer than expected.

But I’m going to refrain from sharing anything else I hear on this one… there’s clearly a lot of mixed info flying around to journalists and players.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

14 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Stick a fork in it 

I don't think he wants the move badly enough. Said it before all that's ever been suggested is that he's "open to the move".

Just now, TRon said:

I don't think he wants the move badly enough. Said it before all that's ever been suggested is that he's "open to the move".

Im not expecting him to stamp his feet and force the move but you’d think there has to be a certain degree of push from his side. Either he’s just being very diplomatic or he’s just not that fussed. Who knows 🤷‍♂️ 

Great move by Palace (who hold all the cards) Give him the captains armband. He's hardly likely to spit on it and say fuck this club its not so grim up north! What if we switch targets/ He's fooked then.

Keep the faith. Match day soon. :indi:

8 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Get ahold of yourselves

Was thinking that.

Reacting to every little thing is canny sad like! [emoji38]

Until a fee is agreed, he's a Palace player. Why can't people understand this??

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Im not expecting him to stamp his feet and force the move but you’d think there has to be a certain degree of push from his side. Either he’s just being very diplomatic or he’s just not that fussed. Who knows 🤷‍♂️ 

Just the wording of it doesn't sit right with me. Looking forward to the season ahead for Palace etc, just don't think that screams he's bothered about moving.

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Was thinking that.

Reacting to every little thing is canny sad like! [emoji38]

Until a fee is agreed, he's a Palace player. Why can't people understand this??

Him saying it’s an honour to be captain and he’s looking ahead to the season is hardly a little thing like :lol:

imagine Bruno said similar then left a week later 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I haven’t got a fucking clue anymore to be honest mate. As of yesterday afternoon Guehi was telling members of our squad that he was expecting to be travelling up here to sort the formalities today (or certainly from the impression he gave very very soon).

I have no idea if anything has fundamentally changed or whether it’s just taking (even) longer than expected.

But I’m going to refrain from sharing anything else I hear on this one… there’s clearly a lot of mixed info flying around to journalists and players.

I had read somewhere that we wouldn't go past today. Can't find the article now though, or remember which publication it was.

The difference seems to be just £5 million. Maybe they were anticipating us folding at that end, but looks like we may have left that as a take it or leave it by today.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Him saying it’s an honour to be captain and he’s looking ahead to the season is hardly a little thing like :lol:

imagine Bruno said similar then left a week later 

Exactly. There's just no need to be that specific, he could just have said it was an honour to wear the armband and left it somewhat generic.

Just now, KaKa said:

I had read somewhere that we wouldn't go past today. Can't find the article now though, or remember which publication it was.

The difference seems to be just £5 million. Maybe they were anticipating us folding at that end, but looks like we may have left that as a take it or leave it by today.

It was Edward’s who said it and maybe another. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

It was Edward’s who said it and maybe another. 

Ah, okay. Think I saw it somewhere else too, but maybe it was just him.

Just now, gdm said:

I hope we move on away for someone a little bit cheaper allowing us to move for a winger. Guehi isn’t a £70m player 

Surely it'd have to be considerably cheaper to free up money for a top RW?l, in which case why bother with a CB? We desperately need one though.

I just don't see how it works unless we get good money for Miggy or Murphy.