Marc Guehi

gdm

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't think he wants the move badly enough. Said it before all that's ever been suggested is that he's "open to the move".

He's never going to push for a move, no matter how much he might want one. Just not that type at all.

He'll just leave it up to the clubs to agree a deal, and if not too bad.

Could see him sign a new contract with an agreed release clause like Olise did after Palace sent Chelsea packing last year.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I had read somewhere that we wouldn't go past today. Can't find the article now though, or remember which publication it was.

The difference seems to be just £5 million. Maybe they were anticipating us folding at that end, but looks like we may have left that as a take it or leave it by today.

I heard about a potential Friday deadline too 

Going to take solace in the fact that Spurs got to the 2019 Champions League final and maintained a top four finish after not signing anyone during the 2018 window. Hurts but we do still have a lot of quality. 

We have been doing the leg work on other deals concurrently. This has been reported over and over again.

Why are people expecting nothing to happen and getting so down about it?

There's a week left to go people. Take it easy.

3 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Going to take solace in the fact that Spurs got to the 2019 Champions League final and maintained a top four finish after not signing anyone during the 2018 window. Hurts but we do still have a lot of quality. 

We have signed two first teamers though

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Surely it'd have to be considerably cheaper to free up money for a top RW?l, in which case why bother with a CB? We desperately need one though.

I just don't see how it works unless we get good money for Miggy or Murphy. 

Depends who you believe isn’t it?  Cant mind which journalist said it a couple of days ago (downie or Douglas probably) that we’d have 20 to £30m left over after Guehi. 

9 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Today is the first day I landed on the conclusion we’re not signing anyone.

That would be quite the failure and not a good look for Mitchell and you’d imagine Howe would be rightly fuming too. 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Depends who you believe isn’t it?  Cant mind which journalist said it a couple of days ago (downie or Douglas probably) that we’d have 20 to £30m left over after Guehi. 

Douglas via Kieran Maguire.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

This one has officially reached Saga status 

Almost at the level of Roeder running the rule over Dirk Kuyt but hasn't quite reached that stage for me just yet

4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Even with Botman out I'd be amazed if either of them are in anyone's strongest XIs, though. We've improved the squad but not the first XI. Failure to do that this window would be awfully poor.

44 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Stick a fork in it 

Just to point out… these quotes are taken from tomorrow’s programme notes, which are usually written early in the week and printed midweek. So there’s nothing new or concerning in there, really.

11 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Keep forgetting about Kelly. Who’s the other one? Hall? I know what you’re saying but it doesn’t really feel like a transfer. 

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Just to point out… these quotes are taken from tomorrow’s programme notes, which are usually written early in the week and printed midweek. So there’s nothing new or concerning in there, really.

I was thinking and hoping so but you never know with these things. I saw an interview with him and he seems like a “what will be will be guy”. Saying he used to chase the things he wanted e.g. he wanted to be at a certain place in his career by a certain time, now he just lets things happen the way they were meant to and doesn’t force anything. 

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

I was thinking and hoping so but you never know with these things. I saw an interview with him and he seems like a “what will be will be guy”. Saying he used to chase the things he wanted e.g. he wanted to be at a certain place in his career by a certain time, now he just lets things happen the way they were meant to and doesn’t force anything. 

It is definitely from their programme notes. It’s up on Twitter. So it’s not really news.

I couldn't envisage him saying in the Captain's Column in the Palace program, I'll play but i can't wait to feck off to The Toon.

The fact he hasn't, well feck him, don't want the clearly staying at Palace prick :lol: Mentalists on here like [emoji38]

Edited by Bimpy474

17 minutes ago, gdm said:

That would be quite the failure and not a good look for Mitchell and you’d imagine Howe would be rightly fuming too. 

Agree with all, I’m not sure why but just landed on it. Nothing seems to quite fit what we need and can do.

6 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

We have no idea what he has told Palace and his agents.

He is a pro and obviously doing the “right” thing.