Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, nufc123 said:

So weird the whole thing. You dont risk 70m with three days left of the window if its close right? Or Parish is a psycho.

I genuinely think he would be happy with either outcome. If we pay 70 million it’s fantastic for them, if he stays I reckon he signs a new deal with a release clause.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Remember when they held out for 100 mil for Zaha.

He single handedly kept them up a few times, and was head and shoulders their best player/only good player.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I genuinely think he would be happy with either outcome. If we pay 70 million it’s fantastic for them, if he stays I reckon he signs a new deal with a release clause.

Probably true.

Are people certain about what we have to spend? It might be the case that 70m for Guehi still leaves the door open for a new RW as well. I'm firmly of the opinion that if Guehi is the player Howe desperately wants then go all out for him. There'll be plenty of movement in the coming days, if we can secure this deal and somehow get a RW in too then we've had a very good window. Tonali is still basically a new signing and we've kept all of our best players on top of it. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Are people certain about what we have to spend? It might be the case that 70m for Guehi still leaves the door open for a new RW as well. I'm firmly of the opinion that if Guehi is the player Howe desperately wants then go all out for him. There'll be plenty of movement in the coming days, if we can secure this deal and somehow get a RW in too then we've had a very good window. Tonali is still basically a new signing and we've kept all of our best players on top of it. 

We have already spent close to 40, can’t see us having more if we spend another 70 on Guehi.

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Are people certain about what we have to spend? It might be the case that 70m for Guehi still leaves the door open for a new RW as well.

Well that all depends if you want to believe EH today or not 

5 minutes ago, Decky said:

I'm struggling to see how we do 2 deals in 3 days after how long it's taken to do one

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We have already spent close to 40, can’t see us having more if we spend another 70 on Guehi.

There must surely be some leg room for spending after making £60m profit on Anderson and Minteh though? I still think we'll identify someone for RW and try and offload Almiron in the next few days, hope so anyway. 

Just now, jack j said:

I'm struggling to see how we do 2 deals in 3 days after how long it's taken to do one

In fairness that's mainly down to Palace being stubborn as fuck about it. Plus we may have already started a deal for a right winger. Its going to be incredibly annoying if we still haven't addressed that position through yet another transfer window. 

I don't think Parish is too arsed whether he goes or not. I think if they could get replacement lined up they'd do the deal at the max value, but otherwise he will stay and they'd be fine with that too.

It is pretty clear now I'd say that we have no other alternatives lined up, and we've put our entire transfer window eggs one basket. 

It is looking pretty shambolic to be honest

Just now, Myleftboot said:

I wonder if Parish pissing us around has something to do with when we tried to get Dougie Freedman as sporting director. Maybe we were underhand about it and Parish is getting one over. 

Nah, he’s just a complete and utter cunt 

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I don't think Parish is too arsed whether he goes or not. I think if they could get replacement lined up they'd do the deal at the max value, but otherwise he will stay and they'd be fine with that too.

It is pretty clear now I'd say that we have no other alternatives lined up, and we've put our entire transfer window eggs one basket. 

It is looking pretty shambolic to be honest

Disasi on loan from Chelsea will happen if this doesn’t imo.

1 minute ago, Myleftboot said:

I wonder if Parish pissing us around has something to do with when we tried to get Dougie Freedman as sporting director. Maybe we were underhand about it and Parish is getting one over. 

Cartel agent.

Edited by PauloGeordio

Other posters have pointed out it’s less of a risk paying premium fees for establish led premier league talent, which is fair.

But nevertheless I can’t help be disappointed our supposedly strengthened scouting network can’t identify other suitable CB targets within such a big price-bracket.

The FFP complaints are jarring if this is our strategy.