Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

And then until January, and then until the end of the season, and then until we sell Isak, Bruno and Gordon. Only then will be know if we were wrong to not strengthen in this window, right?

There’s an element of that - depends on who comes in and goes out and how the season pans out

I don’t think our better players staying or going will be determined by what happens in the next three days tbh.  In the PSR world, there’s every chance they would go at some point regardless - I’ve never understood why people treat this like the sword of Damocles.  Most clubs sell players at some point.  If we sell then I’m pretty confident the money would be recycled back in and used to strengthen. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Probably half what he’s worth. Was never coming here though, regardless.

Which is probably a more fair criticism of the window.

Targeting players whom we might be overreaching on is an issue. However it did get us Tonali and Isak in the past.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s an element of that - depends on who comes in and goes out and how the season pans out

I don’t think our better players staying or going will be determined by what happens in the next three days tbh.  In the PSR world, there’s every chance they would go at some point regardless - I’ve never understood why people treat this like the sword of Damocles.  Most clubs sell players at some point.  If we sell then I’m pretty confident the money would be recycled back in and used to strengthen. 

I think it’s almost a guarantee that one of those three goes for a big fee next summer. Not certain how we’d replace Isak tbh.

8 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

The lad can really ping a long pass

Yeah, that's because he is now playing the playmaking central role in the back 3 that Anderson had previously.

I did try to explain this when someone kept claiming he wasn't a progressive passer.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

FAO @Mike et al - can everybody be assigned a flair, either "Bed-wetter" or "Happy-clapper" so we know where each person stands?

These are the only two options, THERE IS NOTHING IN BETWEEN 

There can be three, "Bed-wetter about bed-wetting".

16 minutes ago, christ said:

There are some proper miserable arseholes on here. They could bring down the mood at a child’s funeral. 

Every transfer window there’ll be someone trying to talk people onto the window ledge with them because we haven’t strengthened in X, Y or Z position. Sorry like but it is frankly unhinged behaviour lose your mind over us not doing deals for Dele Alli or Jesse Lingard or Sander Berge.

I can’t say whether it’s a phenomenon that’s unique to our club or not. My suspicion is - like everything - the internet is to blame. Either way we could do with some people logging off and going outside once in a while.

Every team has fans who do it, every team has bedwetters and happy clappers. It’s particularly infuriating when it’s your own fans of course. I mean, we’ve spent a ton of money this window and offloaded an incredible amount of dead wood, yet there are still people pissing and moaning. I will say, whoever it was who called Palace a nothing club was a bit off :lol:.

With Isak there’s probably more chance he goes if NUFC finish 4th, as he’s probably hit 25+ PL goals and someone like Barca may then make him their top target. Same with Bruno, if he drives a team into the CL again he’ll be even higher rated.

If it’s a 9th place finish everyone stays as they’ve been shite, so be careful what you wish for and enjoy the football instead of this panicking 

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Every team has fans who do it, every team has bedwetters and happy clappers. It’s particularly infuriating when it’s your own fans of course. I mean, we’ve spent a ton of money this window and offloaded an incredible amount of dead wood, yet there are still people pissing and moaning. I will say, whoever it was who called Palace a nothing club was a bit off :lol:.

They’re not even the best palace in London - that’s Ally Pally

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think it’s almost a guarantee that one of those three goes for a big fee next summer. Not certain how we’d replace Isak tbh.

Isak would be the hardest of the lot - but then, how many thought Isak would be this good when or before he signed?

8 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

They’re a bit nothing-y.  If you were writing a comprehensive history of English football I doubt they’d trouble the references section. 

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

If the deal wasn’t there to be made, we should have moved on a week ago, it’s quite clear palace were stringing us along, if Eales and Mitchel have put all their eggs in this basket then I’m sorry but they are a fucking joke. 

The deal was there to be made man, these guy's we have in are not amateurs! They are experienced professionals who know what they are doing. 

Unlike you or I they will be used to dealing with situations like this day in day out. Palace have not said he is not for sale, until they do I presume they will keep trying to sign him as he is obviously our number one target. 

To call them a joke when you have absolutely no fucking clue how these things work is laughable! I'm frustrated that we haven't made more signings but I'm also savvy enough to know that the people in charge know what they are doing, or at least they are far more knowledgeable than you or I!!

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They’re a bit nothing-y.  If you were writing a comprehensive history of English football I doubt they’d trouble the references section. 

Yet they’ve sold a player for 50M+ and could have sold two more for 60M+. Not to mention Wharton. Can’t remember who said it in this thread but it just sounded a bit off.