Marc Guehi

gdm

26 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

My understanding is he is now likely to stay at Palace and sign a new contract with a release clause. He expected other clubs to be in for him.

He is happy at Palace but wants Champions League level football. Newcastle seen as a sideways move with more downside than upside. A release clause in a new contract gets him financial security and the freedom to move if the right club comes in for him. (Eze and Olise in same position at Palace)

Mitchell messed up with his nonsensical low balls. 70 million 3 weeks ago and he would be wearing black and white now

So you understand if we bid 70 million 3 weeks ago he would have signed, even though you now say he wants champions league level football ?

29 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

My understanding is he is now likely to stay at Palace and sign a new contract with a release clause. He expected other clubs to be in for him.

He is happy at Palace but wants Champions League level football. Newcastle seen as a sideways move with more downside than upside. A release clause in a new contract gets him financial security and the freedom to move if the right club comes in for him. (Eze and Olise in same position at Palace)

Mitchell messed up with his nonsensical low balls. 70 million 3 weeks ago and he would be wearing black and white now

Your understanding = what you read on an CPFC forum? 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So you understand if we bid 70 million 3 weeks ago he would have signed, even though you now say he wants champions league level football ?

Apparently Parish would sell world class Guehi for less than he’s worth. 

Edited by Fak

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

£50m I reckon. 

If that. It’s a joke, sitting behind a deep, rigid midfield against Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia and doing OK makes him the English Nesta. Seen a few weird comments about him being England’s best central defender in years. Based on what?

42 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

Andersen to Fulham was a sideways move, maybe even an upgrade for him tbh. Nice start to the season, by the way. Palace are truly looking like a team who will challenge for Europe. I wonder why all of your best players wants to leave, while players like Bruno is happy to stay here.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Ronaldo said:

If that. It’s a joke, sitting behind a deep, rigid midfield against Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia and doing OK makes him the English Nesta. Seen a few weird comments about him being England’s best central defender in years. Based on what?

Think that's a bit unfair considering the context is that every other English player, including established world class players, all struggled against the same opposition. He also played well against Holland and Spain. 

We've been linked with him well before the Euros as well and he's always played well against us, he's still an excellent defender it just is a lot of money considering PSR. 

As I've said a few times though, Howe's record with picking CBs is excellent.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think that's a bit unfair considering the context is that every other English player, including established world class players, all struggled against the same opposition. He also played well against Holland and Spain. 

We've been linked with him well before the Euros as well and he's always played well against us, he's still an excellent defender it just is a lot of money considering PSR. 

As I've said a few times though, Howe's record with picking CBs is excellent.

He was all over the place when we humped Palace 4-0 in October, like.

Still think he's good but not worth the alleged prices/bids being quoted.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

7 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He was all over the place when we humped Palace 4-0 in October, like.

Still think he's good but not worth the alleged prices/bids being quoted.

Tbh the moment when he ended up on his arse for the Longstaff goal has stuck with me ever since we were linked

Edited by JoeyBartoon

22 minutes ago, Lee Charnley said:

They key to signing players is being able to send more than 1 fax at a time. You don't always get first choice so just send loads of faxes out and see what happens.  That way you end up with players. They might not be the ones you want but at least you have someone.

Brilliant.