Marc Guehi

gdm

6 minutes ago, STM said:

The problem is that the bedwetters are drastically over stating the extent of the problem.

We've had a poor window? So what? Are we not allowed a window where things don't go to plan like we wanted? We still have a good side and a good manager.

(Not aimed at you)

I mean not really like, for this to happen those involved have to have fucked up, which shouldn't happen given how important their job is. 

20 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

We've faffed around for far too long when it was obvious we weren't going to get him.

Its been horribly managed our side.

I'm not pointing fingers but since Amanda and Ashworth left things feel to have regressed badly on the recruitment side.

I have been saying this for long. The club management is not working or functioning properly since Ashworth started the leave at Jan. 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I guess if this isn't done in the next 24 hours, we'll wait it out, similar to Botman?

I said similar regarding what we did with Botman.  Problem is, Guehi may well have better options next year and clubs offering more money or Europe.  Also, if we have another injury crisis or if even Schar is missing for a while.  Krafth at CB is hardly ideal for a team with designs on Europe.  

No idea on when they expect Botman and Lascelles back.  But they'll take a good while to get up to speed, you would have thought?

Just now, STM said:

Fair enough. I disagree with all of that stuff happening. :lol:

I'm no pessemist, but the likes of Bruno, Isak and Gordon genuinely aren't going to be okay with just sitting around with us stagnating. They'll want to win things and are good enough to. 

Like it's one thing missing out on a player, another entirely being strung along the entire window for 1 target and still missing out. We probably just need to give them the £75-80m they want and accept Parish just has the bigger dick.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Should have walked away when it hit 60m, he’s not that good imo and certainly isn’t worth pursuing when the transfer kitty is rumoured to be around 80m. 

A massive shambles and frankly an embarrassing episode for the club. Recruitment team have looked like a bunch of amateurs, surely they should have had other numerous targets for these scenarios etc. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I said similar regarding what we did with Botman.  Problem is, Guehi may well have better options next year and clubs offering more money or Europe.  Also, if we have another injury crisis or if even Schar is missing for a while.  Krafth at CB is hardly ideal for a team with designs on Europe.  

No idea on when they expect Botman and Lascelles back.  But they'll take a good while to get up to speed, you would have thought?

Mings done his ACL in August and still isnt back, I think its at least April before Botmand and Jamal are back.

1 minute ago, Troll said:

If Guehi wants to come here, surely the way Parish has moved the goalposts has pissed him off too.

do we know he wants to come here? I'm sure he'd rather join Liverpool, which is what will happen if he hangs on until Jan/next summer.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Like it's one thing missing out on a player, another entirely being strung along theventire window for 1 target and still missing out. We probably just need to give them the £75-80m they want and accept Parish just has the bigger dick.

If we don't think he's worth that I'd rather bin it off and go without until another window.

1 minute ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

I struggle to accept that Marc Guehi is the only player in the entire world that would improve us that Howe would accept (and we can afford, given we have £70m to spend).

That’s because he isn’t but we are fixed on him for reasons which haven’t and won’t be explained. 

Just now, ChrisMcQuillan said:

I struggle to accept that Marc Guehi is the only player in the entire world that would improve us that Howe would accept (and we can afford, given we have £70m to spend).

Exactly right. 

I know people are frustrated with Mitchell, but feel like he has been given a hospital pass with this window.

Just now, Ikon said:

We’ve been the drunk guy at the club trying for the same hot chick time and time again instead of accepting it’s time to leave her the fuck alone. 

21 year old me feels attacked.

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Mings had the same injury as them, opening day against us last season and he still isn’t back.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm no pessemist, but the likes of Bruno, Isak and Gordon genuinely aren't going to be okay with just sitting around with us stagnating. They'll want to win things and are good enough to. 

I agree. I don't think we've ever had a hope in hell of keeping Isak long term.. I think a big sale is almost inevitable.

We don't need to sell all 3. I don't think Bruno will leave now.

I've always been under the assumption that we will have natural bumps in the road. This is a bump for sure. I'm just not sure it's a killer bump though.

I'm not saying that some criticism isn't justified. It absolutely is. I just think once the dust is settled that things won't seem as bad.

Edited by STM

Having digested this latest development (or non-development), I think it's hugely disappointing.

We showed under Howe in his first season, what potential we had as a team and what could be done.

We then had a lower finish last year despite injuries, etc... and I think that allowed us, despite a lower finish, of just what exactly we could possibly achieve.

The summer window was a chance to strengthen, add that extra quality that would take us back to a 4th/5th place. I'd argue it was tweaks required rather than wholesale changes.

If we have dropped the ball on this summer's window, it's more than just 'a window' for me. January is notoriously bad for getting deals done and getting value for money on the whole. So in reality, a 'poor' window, is actually us potentially sticking with what we have until next summer, despite pretty much everyone acknowledging that we may fall short again if we fail to add the tweaks and extra quality, to take us that x% higher.

If things stay as they are, we have basically allowed our progress to essentially stagnate, which I think is pretty poor and not good enough considering where we could be.

Others will disagree with me, and I may look back on this post at the end of the season and be proven wrong, but this is how it feels currently.

Edited by OoOGazOoO