Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, The Prophet said:

I don't think Palace were stringing us along, I just don't think we've met their valuation of their player yet.

They’ve definitely seen a bunch of mugs and made the absolute most out of it. Win win for Stevie P. 

2 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Eddie Howe with too much clout is the problem so please dont go blaming Mitchell and co. There has got to be at least one of the three mentioned as alternatives who are half the price and good enough...we arent Real Madrid Eddie!

We're playing kraft at cb ffs. 😂 were a schar injury away from that being the case for the next 3 months.

But it's either kraft or Guehi, nothing in between. Utter madness. 

44 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I cant really put the blame on anyone, it's obviously been a difficult transfer to make happen, probably more likely Palace being awkward as hell, and we've got fed up.

We’ve got 2 days left to make transfers that have been imperative since before last season ended. There’s a lot of blame to be assigned.

4 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Eddie Howe with too much clout is the problem so please dont go blaming Mitchell and co. There has got to be at least one of the three mentioned as alternatives who are half the price and good enough...we arent Real Madrid Eddie!

Oh good, you’re back.

I'm considered a happy clapper by my mates because I've always defended the club and Howe (still do defend him)

However, there's not a chance I can defend this window, it's farcical 

It would have been quite average even if we managed to sign Guehi but not signing him and an RW is ridiculous 

I'll quickly get over it and still think we have plenty to be optimistic about but anyone describing this window as anything other than a farce has to be a sarnie short of a picnic 

25 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Out:

Anderson

Minteh
Ritchie

Karius

Dummett

In:

Kelly

Osula

Ruddy

Vlachodimos

I don't see how we've improved our depth through our actions in the market there. Lost a MF, RW, Utility, GK and a DF, brought in a DF, ST and 2 GKs. It's absolutely piss poor even by that metric, let alone us making the starting XI better. 

If the measure of progress is based solely on how we've done it via the market only, which is seemingly your definition, then no we probably haven't.

If the measure of progress is, 'is the squad is stronger than it was last year?' then my argument is it is. 

Both can't be true. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Nee offense but you're in the minority now SP. Dunno why you're having a go at people for rightly acknowledging that the window has been a shitshow.

I’m having a go at people who make assumptions or try to pin blame on people without having the first clue about how any of it works.

Im not happy with the lack of incomings… of course… but I don’t see any point in making up stories to rile myself up and create issues in my mind 🤷‍♂️

31 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

After the Hall and Osulu transfers in July, and our failure to sell anyone, I’m struggling to see where the numbers to buy more come from - I still think that Guehi is one of those where because of his quality, the club would sign him now and claw back money later - either in Jan or June.  Our amortised transfers and salaries are pretty much at 100% of projected income.  We haven’t done anything commercially significant this summer. 

It is far and away the most likely scenario, but very few want to entertain it.