Marc Guehi

gdm

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Konate’s about the same level I would say. 

At his best Konate has everything.  Dominant in the air. Quick.  Can bring it out. Can play a good pass.  

I don’t pay attention to him enough to know about his concentration, positioning etc. but at his best he’s dominant and commanding. Guehi doesn’t have those minerals.  

I think Konate would be rated much higher if not for his injury record. He’s always been in and out of the team. Liverpool have Quansah as his long term backup/replacement though.

I do question Guehi’s “nice guy” credentials a bit. It’s great that he doesn’t kick up a fuss and is loyal and should be lauded for that. However, it doesn’t scream ambition. Maybe he just didn’t fancy the toon and if that’s the case, fair enough but if he did really want to come then maybe his character is too passive to become one of the best in his position 

12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I do question Guehi’s “nice guy” credentials a bit. It’s great that he doesn’t kick up a fuss and is loyal and should be lauded for that. However, it doesn’t scream ambition. Maybe he just didn’t fancy the toon and if that’s the case, fair enough but if he did really want to come then maybe his character is too passive to become one of the best in his position 

I think it is more that he would like to join Newcastle but knows if nothing is agreed he could get better than us in 12 months time. He is in a good position with his contract running down, his only issue could then become complacency as he knows he isn't there long term. 

32 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He’ll be hoping for one of the established big 6. 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s worth what a club is willing to pay - stats don’t necessarily determine value.  For what it’s worth, the lad has always looked pretty good to me 

You're right, and considering no other clubs, bar us, were offering up 60m for him, we can wager his FMV is a good deal lower.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

His value was £60m, then

Not really how FMV works. Same reason an interested party transaction's (e.g., a training kit sponsorship from a PIF-owned entity) fair market value isn't simply what a single entity would pay for such an asset.

Interesting that there's pushback on this score though, considering just about everyone, on this board and otherwise, seems to have found a consensus that Guehi was marked up a third, if not double his true value.

2 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Not really how FMV works. Same reason an interested party transaction's (e.g., a training kit sponsorship from a PIF-owned entity) fair market value isn't simply what a single entity would pay for such an asset.

Interesting that there's pushback on this score though, considering just about everyone, on this board and otherwise, seems to have found a consensus that Guehi was marked up a third, if not double his true value.

‘Double his true value’

Based on what?

He cost £20m 3-4 years ago as a relative unknown in comparison to now. But he’s only worth £30-40m in today’s market, despite the fact he’s massively improved as a player, now plays for England and fees have gone up considerably in that time. 

Sounds a bit off, to me. 

1 minute ago, gazza ladra said:

Is there a site or report that examines the accuracy of Transfermarkt's player valuations?

They've got Guehi at 38 million euros.

They're always lower than what players actually go for.

Sure last time I checked Isak was valued at 75m.

38 Million is about right for next summer when he has a year left on his contract. I'd have said 50 million this summer. But Palace did not want or need to sell so could keep asking for more. If he is who we want hopefully we can get him cheaper now but I cannot see it being till next summer now. Ideally a cheaper deal after palace go down. :lol:

36 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Looking forward for another round.

I suspected earlier that Parish might want the same in january still, but considering how things have gone since, he's probably kicking himself a bit for the hardball stuff. Will probably not want to run it all back another time.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Erikse said:

I suspected earlier that Parish might want the same in january still, but considering how things have gone since, he's probably kicking himself a bit for the hardball stuff. Will probably not want to repeat the mistake.

He'll be in a Whatsapp group with the Cartel hawking him around as we speak.