Marc Guehi

gdm

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

If we have 60m+ to spend on him and this is dragging on surely we can go ahead and get one or two others, why does it feel like its either him or nothing?

It doesn't feel like it's either him or nothing.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It doesn't feel like it's either him or nothing.

Right? That’s been said a few times. He’s just the one they think they want and, if available, why not wait? 2/ 3 matches isn’t much in the grand scheme of things.

35 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

For a while Pat Nevin called him Gway-hi, which I’m going to continue using.

Might want to think about pronouncing the way magnificent Marc says his own name. If he doesn’t sign though… crack on. 

I thought he was class at the Euros, but I'll be honest that was the first time I noticed him as a player and I'm a world class football scout. 

24 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It is just desperate and gives Palace fans etc a stick to beat us with. I wish they’d just say nothing like the club is. Palace have most first two games with their defence looking like a sieve and I love it.

Almost at the bottom of the page. This is really dragging; honestly if this doesn’t get pulled over the line- rightly or wrongly- it’ll raise some concerns  over the effectiveness of our recruitment team. 

If we’re pissing about over £5m, we must be wanting another signing that we view as important and/or struggling to sell players and so will be close to PSR line again, unless we are able to sell in January.

12 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

This just doesn’t even feel real anymore. Three weeks of being told it’s close with no genuine evidence that it is. 

Stepping back for a second, it would be pretty fucking funny if we managed to get ourselves yet another owner that does fake "we tried" transfer sagas.

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on Lacroix to Palace as well. Parish really seems willing to just keep him unless we make our silly offer even sillier.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone still think this happens ?

Yeah.

Player wants to come. Palace are at the very least open to selling given how long they’ve been discussing it.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone still think this happens ?

Not sure. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if we fail go get a single player in.