Marc Guehi

gdm

I've gone through the phases of being excited about this rumour, to being bored by it, and now I'm coming around to being amused.

Just waiting to see how the sky falls in, both whether we sign him or whether we don't.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

We have spent basically every last penny we're allowed to spend since the takeover happened. 

Apart from the £60 million or so we're trying to throw at Palace for Guehi. So not every last penny. We're pissing around to save £5 million and have wasted a good portion of the window concentrating on 1 player. It's turning into a massive embarrassment imo. We should have moved on 2 weeks ago. As I said, infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Well, it is though isn’t it? We’re buying him for 5+ years. The early part of the competition he probably wouldn’t start in anyway. IF (and it’s still and if), he’s cup tied, he’ll max miss a Quarter, Semi and Final, and by that time Botman and Lascelles will be back in the squad.

I just don’t think it’s that important.

To us but it’s a mass statement from them, they said all along they wanted to keep him and they’re playing him in a cup game - if he plays he’s not coming as far as I’m concerned.

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

I thought we did all right last year? 

We came 7th with Chelsea and Man U having off seasons. I think it will be harder this year, although it is still pretty open.

Can see it being only a few points separating 8th and 4th unless one team storms it.