Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

And we have. :lol:

Could mean nothing, but I doubt it. In terms of PR and messaging, you don't do something like that if you know a player is about to leave. 

We shall see :) I know nothing, but still feel confident this one is happening all things considered.

5 minutes ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Didn't Livramento play in a friendly for Southampton a day or two before our deal was completed last summer? Nowt to worry about this.

Aye, that post by Palace definitely seems deliberate mind.

Just now, The Prophet said:

If we haven't agreed a fee, why wouldn't he turn up at training? 

Such a bunch of fannies man.

Why do people always so specifically miss the point with these things? :lol:

It's not that he's turned up for work, it's that Palace are posting about it on social media. Do you think they'd do that if he was leaving this week?

5 minutes ago, 80 said:

We shall see :) I know nothing, but still feel confident this one is happening all things considered.

Yeah it doesn't mean it won't happen, but I do think it means it's not happening as soon as we might have thought. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not that he's turned up for work, it's that Palace are posting about it on social media. Do you think they'd do that if he was leaving this week?

I don’t think the media team would have any insight into who is leaving and where negotiations are at. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Or whoever runs there socials knows how to gets interactions? 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf the social media guy probably isn’t privy to bids etc 

Seeing as no fee has been agreed. Why would they not put a ‘welcome back’ tweet up for Guehi? 

We could agree a fee this afternoon for all we know. 

Or not. 

Worrying. 

2 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I don’t think the media team would have any insight into who is leaving and where negotiations are at. 

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Or whoever runs there socials knows how to gets interactions? 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Tbf the social media guy probably isn’t privy to bids etc 

1 minute ago, Ellis H said:

Doubt the social media team knows much or indeed anything about where the negotiations are tbh, they’re just doing their job. 

The Marketing team that they're part of will know whether they're clear to post something like that without it immediately coming back on them and causing reputational damage. Unless they're incompetent anyway. 

Needs to go strike to force a move.

I mean we'd be dead against one of our players doing the same, but that's different.

Just now, Mattoon said:

Odds are Guehi is a Palace player until he isn't and he'll be treated as one until he isn't, it's not that deep :lol:

The point that's being made (that it just means he's probably not signing immintently) isn't that deep either. :lol:

N-O loves a bit of exaggeration. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The Marketing team that they're part of will know whether they're clear to post something like that without it immediately coming back on them and causing reputational damage. Unless they're incompetent anyway. 

Isn't engagement all that matters?

7 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Odds are Guehi is a Palace player until he isn't and he'll be treated as one until he isn't, it's not that deep :lol:

You don't say! 😄

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Isn't engagement all that matters?

Depends who you're asking. My gut feeling is that a football club of Palace's stature wouldn't put engagement over reputational damage. 

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think it means anything whatsoever. 

Edited by The Prophet