Newcastle United vs. Southampton - 17/08/2024 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Disco

5 minutes ago, Vaj said:

I agree, my team was more what I think he will go with. Has Howe ever played either Joelinton or Willock RCM? If so, it must be rare! 

In the run in the season before last and the balance was all wrong.

I'd start Gordon right and Barnes left. Why you may ask? Gordon is the one who delivers into the box the most, has the most progressive carries and you could argue that delivery from the right side may be better better as a cross is harder harder to defend when swinging in and also easier for forward players to get power on when heading. That and Barnes is excellent at finishing it would make sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Lee Charnley said:

I'd start Gordon right and Barnes left. Why you may ask? Gordon is the one who delivers into the box the most, has the most progressive carries and you could argue that delivery from the right side may be better better as a cross is harder harder to defend when swinging in and also easier for forward players to get power on when heading. That and Barnes is excellent at finishing it would make sense to me.

Not a bad point Charners lad but I'd prefer a top option of the bench. 

But in big matches against arsenal etc then yes. 

2 hours ago, andycap said:

Not a bad point Charners lad but I'd prefer a top option of the bench. 

But in big matches against arsenal etc then yes. 

I think Osula can be that top option off the bench. I know we’ve only seen one game, but I liked what I saw. Pacey, strong, direct. He slots in with any combination of that top three playing alongside him.

Just now, Southern Geordie said:

I think Osula can be that top option off the bench. I know we’ve only seen one game, but I liked what I saw. Pacey, strong, direct. He slots in with any combination of that top three playing alongside him.

Agree with this. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

20 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Absolute bags of confidence in here [emoji38].

On paper we should win, but I'm still not used to being so confident that we will. Thanks, Ashley regime.

Aye newly promoted club who give us some nervy moments in 2nd leg of cup semi, will be better than people think and defensively think we might look vulnerable due to lack of pace.

Should win but think it will be tense and hard work.

Edited by Whitley mag