Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

Why do people think that wasn't a red? You can't go moving your head towards a player man, contact or not, soft or not, you simply can't do it. 

I agree, but also, and not because it's in this game, the player, play acting should get a red.  I detest play acting, and every single time it happens it should be a red. That's a rather extreme view i know, but it's just something that really irks me.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

That's a fantastic touch from Big Joe like, and a very good finish. Proper strikers effort :lol:

Forget he was a forward most of his life. :lol:

This Phil Fodan thing, you'd think he had died. This Peacock channel is odd. Too American. 

It was a red card. I know he made no contact, but you move your head, that’s it. I don’t know why footballers do it, but they front on each other the time like this, especially VAR, you know that you will be caught. People like Diaz thrive on it and need defenders to fall for it, because they need a defender out of the game to make them look better.

I honestly think diving like that to get an opponent should be a red card in itself. It is probably the biggest form of cheating in the game. There is no place for it and a yellow is never justice.

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Why do people think that wasn't a red? You can't go moving your head towards a player man, contact or not, soft or not, you simply can't do it. 

Schär made it sure that he’s not moving his head. Still unnecessary and stupid but there was no headbutt.

Doesn’t seem right but have seen plenty of occasions with players motioning their head towards a player and it’s let go. Just the same with all refereeing, it’s never consistent. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Reminder that the worst referees at Euro were by far your lot. Need a rapture.

We know. We complain every season about them and they never get any better.

Just now, OCK said:

You do realise that he is the one who blew the whistle, which meant VAR didn't have to check and possibly override it? [emoji38]

Yes. Thank you for reiterating my point that he blew up to get off the pitch as quickly as possible in a half that he completely lost control of :lol: C+ attempt at point scoring, must try harder

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

I agree, but also, and not because it's in this game, the player, play acting should get a red.  I detest play acting, and every single time it happens it should be a red. That's a rather extreme view i know, but it's just something that really irks me.

Diaz should be in prison for fraud.

Just now, Stifler said:

It was a red card. I know he made no contact, but you move your head, that’s it. I don’t know why footballers do it, but they front on each other the time like this, especially VAR, you know that you will be caught. People like Diaz thrive on it and need defenders to fall for it, because they need a defender out of the game to make them look better.

I honestly think diving like that to get an opponent should be a red card in itself. It is probably the biggest form of cheating in the game. There is no place for it and a yellow is never justice.

Sure, I'll just need a video of him moving his head and then I might agree

Just now, Mazzy said:

Whose lot? 

Ignore Mike, he's been on the syrup all morning. He's already been homophobic, pushing beastialtity and now nationalism. He's a disgrace. 

Just now, Skeletor said:

We know. We complain every season about them and they never get any better.

Which feeds my "This is intentional" theory. There's no way it is naturally this bad.

5 minutes ago, Beren said:

I celebrated a lot. Just want someone to give Brereton a real headbutt at full time.

I hope Schar bangs Diaz's mother and his family falls apart, leading to Diaz feeling a sense of emptiness for the rest of his life.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

This is the big issue for me. The whistle was blown, the play was fucking dead. Diaz still pushed Schar over, that shove is MORE VIOLENT than the actual head touch. Just comparing the two. Schar is fuming as a result. And he falls over and cries and our guy gets the red. It’s fucking stupid. It is a literal joke that that there isn’t common sense applied to this. 

Yeah, no way either should get a harsher punishment there. Yellows for both, reds for both are the only options.