Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Fucking take that you cheating horrible nothing club from Tory land who's only club legend is now on Twitter sucking Alex Jones’ fermented cheese encrusted cock (the fat American one).

[emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Fucking take that you cheating horrible nothing club from Tory land who's only club legend is now on Twitter sucking Alex Jones’ fermented cheese encrusted cock (the fat American one).

POTY

Just now, The Bonk said:

Big Joe’s performance and this, that’s it. Win, forget about it and move on.

The football will eventually kick into gear. Not worried about that at all.

With this really good start we have there's a bit of pressure to get points on the board and take advantage.

Delighted with all 3 today.

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Said it many a time . If Joelinton is in our side we're completely different. The energy and commitment , defensively he's like Ngolo Kante mixed with Jack Charlton

Thought you said Jack colback there 😂 

He was shite overall, but can see why Pawson gave the red in real time. VAR being pathetic as per usual to not overturn that.

Not a pretty performance, even before the red, but a win to start is what matters. 

I can't take 35 more games like this [emoji38] I think it was @KaKa who mentioned during the game he looked forward to a relatively relaxing opener and I felt exactly the same before the match. 

But how good does it feel winning a scrap like that? I'm so pumped. Abysmal refereeing throughout really put us all on the edge. Well done to the players for sticking it out. Whew. 

:joelinton: = MOTM for me.

Hope Diaz is chuckling about that. Southampton were miles better when we had 11 men. His pathetic histrionics woke up the crowd, gave us focus, set a fire under our midfield, especially Joelinton, and ultimately played into our strengths: solidity, commitment and shithousery. Womp womp ye gimp.

Pope: 7

Livramento: 7

Krafth: 7

Burn: 7.5

Hall: 5

Longstaff: 7

Bruno: 7.5

Joelinton: 8.5

Gordon: 6

Isak: 6.5

Don't normally rate subs but feel like Kelly should get a 7. Felt more comfortable when he was on.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just watched the red, no idea what Anderson was on about on the commentary saying it was a fair red and moaning about it being Schar's fault. If the ref really thinks that Diaz's rolling around on the floor clutching his face is a normal reaction, even to an actual headbutt, then I've got to question his ability to be a ref. Add in the fact there's ample opportunity to ask any other member of the refereeing team, etc, it's just pretty poor, especially with the initial incident coming from Diaz literally hurling himself into Schar in the first place. Sounded like we were easily the better team on the day and ground out the necessary result after being reduced to ten men, like you'd expect of any top end team. Of course, the only problem now is that it makes out search for a central defender all the more desperate and put us further on the back foot of any negotiations.

I'd imagine Kelly will start at left back going forward. I like Hall but he didn't do himself many favours there, he had some good moments (clearance off the line) but made some proper dodgy decisions with his passing out in the second half when we were up against it. 

Kelly coming on killed the game off.  

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Burn man of the match there. An absolute monster and got in the way of everything.

Joelinton for me