Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

Just now, Fezzle said:

Don't be so stupid 

I mean it in the sense they’ll know we more desperate to sign someone. So will want or demand more for it to happen 

Referee needs to be reigned in as well here. They are getting everything. Absolutely fucking quality of referee’s is fucking shocking.

I’m not having anyone say otherwise.

Red card aside we've been really poor here, we look slower than them and too many players are going through the motions. Looks like we expected to rock up and just turn them over. 

Just now, Chris L said:

I mean it in the sense they’ll know we more desperate to sign someone. So will want or demand more for it to happen 

I know what you meant hence my comment 

1 minute ago, Infinitely Content said:

Not even close. That precise coming together happens literally every weekend unpunished.

Misread your post. Definitely not a fucking red. Ref’s a god damn joke. Hasn’t made a right call all game. Dick.

7 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I can understand the ref getting it wrong, but how the fuck has VAR watched that back and said it's a red. Insanity 

Are you serious?

schar has motioned his head forwards into and made contact with the other players head.

its a red all day any day.

Just now, Kanji said:

What is going on with Gordon?

What's going on with he whole team. Lost their heads. This game is only going one way and it's with Southampton going home with 3pts.

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Shocking from Diaz but Schar took the bait 100%. Any time you stick your face into a confrontation like that you run the risk. The ref has made it clear he doesn't need any excuse to get the card out for us and Schar gave him that chance

Blaming Schar for that is laughable 

Just now, Lordshola said:

Are you serious?

schar has motioned his head forwards into and made contact with the other players head.

Can you mute people here?

Are you serious?

If he was getting the red anyway, he should have ended the greasy haired cunt.

Are you serious?

I'm completely serious. 

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

FA Rules.

"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made".

So even if Schar has only touched him slightly OR even not at all. The movement towards the head/face of an opponent is considered violent conduct. Always a red card, stupid thing to do from Schar, he knows better.

It’s not always a red card though, it happens all the time and doesn’t result in a red card.