Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 25/08/24 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Given the clamour on here for Hall most of last season the fact so many want him dropped in favour of Kelly after one dodgy performance seems odd. 

I personally think we should stick with him because he’s clearly got something. I know Kelly has played left back often but I had enough of shoving cbs to full back positions last season. 

Howe will nailed on do this mind. 

18 hours ago, Scoot said:

You don't drop a player bases on 1 bad performance. Who are these people ffs?

To be honest, he made a few mistakes but he also did some good stuff with the ball, not to mention the goal line clearance.

But aye, let's just drop him.

And Gordon. He was shite. 3 weeks training with the kids should sort them both.

32 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Given the clamour on here for Hall most of last season the fact so many want him dropped in favour of Kelly after one dodgy performance seems odd. 

I personally think we should stick with him because he’s clearly got something. I know Kelly has played left back often but I had enough of shoving cbs to full back positions last season. 

It's not so much dropping Hall as going horses for courses. Didn't they say last year some if the plan was to play Joelinton wide left in some away games, same goes here, if it were Bournemouth at home I'd be much more likely to go with Hall, but away Kelly may not be a bad idea. I think we'll go Hall due to the CB situation and having a fresh CB or LB to bring on from the bench (even to go 3 at the back if needs be, which I'll bet has crossed his mind to even start that way) will come into the thinking.

Think these will still have Semenyo up top without a recognised striker. Unal is still injured and Evanilson has had about 10 minutes in pre season. 

Edited by Magpie

18 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Think these will still have Semenyo up top without a recognised striker. Unal is still injured and Evanilson has had about 10 minutes in pre season. 

Dance Dancing GIF by tv2norge

Not optimistic for this game. Always seem iffy when we play on south coast more often than not, and Iraola will have the players with movement and better quality than Southampton. score draw will be a good result IMO.

Same team, with Kelly in for Schar. 

The new app gives a link to the press conference live which is new.. but then when you click the link it goes into an endless cycle of how you can watch all the pre season games.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The new app gives a link to the press conference live which is new.. but then when you click the link it goes into an endless cycle of how you can watch all the pre season games.

The "app" is an absolute atrocity 

11 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

The "app" is an absolute atrocity 

Aye. When trying to watch pre season in the app,  I got stuck in never ending 'doom loops' and gave up on it and just watched via a browser. 

Can see this being quite an open game. Both sides are quite direct on the ball and like to press off it. If we're as sloppy on the ball as we were last week and Bournemouth continue as they did v Forest, it could be quite high scoring.

3 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

A draw would be a good result here, but think we could be for quite a shock with losing by a couple of goals.

It's hard to guess this one. I suspect we will struggle, partly as we haven't started great and no Schar. Also because we haven't typically struggled away at Bournemouth. I'd be happy with a draw.

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

It's hard to guess this one. I suspect we will struggle, partly as we haven't started great and no Schar. Also because we haven't typically struggled away at Bournemouth. I'd be happy with a draw.

Think it's like 1 defeat 3 draws 1 win in last 5 there?

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Think it's like 1 defeat 3 draws 1 win in last 5 there?

So draw is most common outcome. From memory performances haven't been great, but maybe I should refresh myself.

always a tough fixture this, not sure what to expect after opening weekend 

a draw would be ok

a win would be brilliant 

a defeat would obviously be disappointing and will have plenty sharpening the knives for Howe 

On 21/08/2024 at 05:49, St1pe said:

It's just people still on his case because Howe didn't rate him for most of last season. Looks potentially transformative for our attack, and it seems Howe agrees - his involvement in our set piece tactics alone suggests to me he'll be a fixture going forward. But who knows maybe Howe will double back to Kelly, just seems unlikely.