AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (25/08/24)

BlueStar

Just now, Smal said:

they’re the only ones with any talent on the ball tbf. Trippier can add to that, as could Hall.

Kelly somehow seems even less progressive than BDB at left back. Looks all too familiar unfortunately.

Great first 20. Brutal since. They are just pressing certain players and not letting them turn. Happy for the likes of Murphy, Tino and Longstaff to be spare. As they’re ultimately not good enough to do anything with it. 

Gordon anonymous. Joelinton from a 9/10 to a 2 this week. So far, anyway. 

Murphy has looked okay to me. He’s been pushing forward with the ball through midfield, where he shouldn’t be playing but because Longstaff has been a ghost.

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

Murphy has looked okay to me. He’s been pushing forward with the ball through midfield, where he shouldn’t be playing but because Longstaff has been a ghost.

His passing has been absolutely shocking.

Performances like the Southampton game and this one (on top of loads of our away games last season) is the reason why it would be irresponsible as fuck NOT to strengthen the starting 11 this window. On this evidence we’re nowhere near being on pace to threaten at the top end of the table. What happened to “Intensity is our identity” and having a way of playing. Must admit I’m getting a bit concerned bedwetting or not.