Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 28/08/24 @ 20:00 - League Cup 2nd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

13 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I don’t think he will last the full game but he can always be withdrawn when he is done.

He should be at a decent standard of fitness.

Aye you'd hope so. Start tonight, off the bench Sunday, see where he's at after the break. Wonder if there's a chance Italy call him up too, could do us a favour getting some match minutes into him.

1 minute ago, Kilcline said:

Aye you'd hope so. Start tonight, off the bench Sunday, see where he's at after the break. Wonder if there's a chance Italy call him up too, could do us a favour getting some match minutes into him.

Would love to see him start but I'm thinking a 60 minute sub tonight. Would be the perfect game to start and start to be bedded in though

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Feel like we could really blow these away in a performance that throws the shackles off 

What part of the last 2 performances makes you think that we can blow anyone away 

I know it's not really Howe's style, but I've just got a feeling he starts Tonali

plums-i-can-feel-it.gif

Edit: Posted 5 seconds before that Hope tweet :lol:

Edited by mush

Just now, nufcnick said:

What part of the last 2 performances makes you think that we can blow anyone away 

The fact that we have a squad which includes some fantastic players and we have Sandro back to give everyone a lift. We’re going to be on one tonight 

Perfect game to start him in really and to ease him back in generally - a league cup game.  Typically it would be in a stroll against some lower league side but a lower Premier League side is as good as it gets for us in this cup so what they hey.

12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The fact that we have a squad which includes some fantastic players and we have Sandro back to give everyone a lift. We’re going to be on one tonight 

Finally some god damn positivity on this board. LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO

13 minutes ago, mush said:

I know it's not really Howe's style, but I've just got a feeling he starts Tonali

Tonali should know the tactics and be fit as a fiddle. Don't see how this is comparable to Eddie bedding in new signings slowly.

Absolutely should be starting Tonali. 

Less pressure than coming off the bench and it means he gets straight back into the pre match routines.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Tonali should know the tactics and be fit as a fiddle. Don't see how this is comparable to Eddie bedding in new signings slowly.

He’s not been allowed to play in any competitive games for ten months, and not even friendly games either. He’ll be very rusty.

It might take him a while to get up to speed 

Just now, WilliamPS said:

He’s not been allowed to play in any competitive games for ten months, and not even friendly games either. He’ll be very rusty.

It might take him a while to get up to speed 

He's been training and what not, he'll be sound

He’ll be fit, but not match sharp or super fit when it comes to a bigger pitch. Training is entirely different compared to making fast sprints over longer distances like on a full sized pitch where it’s non stop and longer runs. 

So fucking excited to see him. Patience, but he will be class within time. Think he will be good today already. 

Edited by Ikon

Howe started Isak in the cup when he came back from injury, he let him run himself out until half time and then replaced him.

I know Forest are better than Sheffield Wednesday but Tonali has been waiting for this day all year.