Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 28/08/24 @ 20:00 - League Cup 2nd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I reckon people would be fuming if we went out and Isak didn't start like

It's a good point :thup:

I'm just very cautious of playing him 3 times in a week with his record last year

Always interesting to see how a midfield performs without Bruno. Wonder whether this will be a "flat" 3 with Tonali holding or maybe Tonali and Joelinton as a double pivot with Willock ahead. Will be exciting if nothing else.

1 minute ago, hakka said:

Why? He's an incredible talent with loads of experience. He will be desperate to repay the kindness and patience the club and fans. He will be chomping at the bit and and desperate to show his value and make amends. And he is the type of character and player that will repay us in exceptional performance.

No doubting any of what you say. He may well be nervous tonight though after 10 months out, just feel nervous for him, but I don't feel nervous about him playing for us - he's obviously a quality player. 

2 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Can't say I'm keen on Isak starting. Need to protect him as much as we can.

And if he doesn’t start and we lose.. you know the rest 

2 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Agreed. Would have rather seen Osula start and Isak brought on for the last 20 minutes if needed.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Eddie saying it's not just about this one game for Sandro and not wanting to heap pressure on him. Pitch perfect take from the boss 

Hope he took the time to explain whether Tonali is just a problem gambler or whether he has a clinical diagnosis. That’s what the fans care about, fuck the football 

7 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

No issue with him playing three times a week occasionally - so long as he isn't pressing by himself and chasing lost causes for 90 minutes.