Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 28/08/24 @ 20:00 - League Cup 2nd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

That's potentially a excellent 3 in middle that can cover space quickly. Would expect Tonali in middle but wondering if it will be Joelinton sitting and Tonali right of that.

I guess Eddie wants to give Krafth and Burn more playing time together ahead of this weekend.

Would have liked to see Joelinton rested also after that yellow card against Bournemouth.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Why put them back in!?

Because you still leave the odds of drawing home or away the same, If you take a ball away each time, that wouldn't be fair for the team drawn later in the first part of the draw.

Not that any of its fair in any way whatsoever anyhoo.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

That’s disgusting, so many glaring errors with that Home/Away draw which has given them an advantage even more so.

I've missed this, what's happened?

8 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

So the clubs in Europe minus Chelsea had to be done in a pre-draw to determine if they were to play home or away in the next round.

So those clubs will be the first picked from a separate bowl later.

However the home and away balls were coloured differently, Red for home team, White for an away team.

The bowl was transparent. There was no real close up shots of the hands in the bowl, but Dawson was clearing holding onto a ball (red).

It wasn’t until Chapman starting laughing at how many home draws for those clubs were drawn did they decide to give 2 away ties for them.

On top of this the balls had to be put back into the bowl after being drawn out, so there was always 3 home balls, and 3 away.

If you were to do a draw more fairly you would make it so the balls were taken out, thus reducing the chance of there being an unbalance home or away set of ties for said clubs.

Additionally, you could just go into it with hands held high and say ‘3 will play at home, 3 away’, negating the need for a pre-draw in anyway.

Edited by Stifler

7 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

The six English teams in Europe this season won't be paired against each other in the next round. My guess is that the broadcasters want to see these teams in the round of 16.