Nottingham Forest (3) 1-1 (4) Newcastle United [LC2] (28/08/24)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, JB said:

Fucking hate pens, even if it's relatively low stakes like tonight

Tonight isn’t low stakes to me. We should be one of the favourites to win this cup, and it’s our most likely route to a cup.

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Still think in general, we struggle to utilize Isak properly. He scores plenty and can look a phenomenal talent, wish it felt more consistent.

We play like Wilson's still upfront. Isak's that good he can make it work but we don't play to his strengths at all and don't play a possession based game with plenty of through balls  to get him in behind. 

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Aside the goal, i thought we dominated that second half.  And they had virtually no chances, that was us of two seasons ago at the back, giving very little up, poor goal mind.

Our forward play is just not clicking yet.

Last 25 minutes or so I'd say that was the case, we were very poor before the subs

When we find ourselves needing a goal we look a completely different side, as was often the case last season 

Just now, Andy said:

Last 25 minutes or so I'd say that was the case, we were very poor before the subs

When we find ourselves needing a goal we look a completely different side, as was often the case last season 

Would you say Longstaff changed us?

4 minutes ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Must say this has been a bit of a Bruce esq performance

We need wor flags to put something together to honour the big man.

Hopefully we can convince him to come back and pick up where he left off.

Just now, Keggy_Keagal said:

We play like Wilson's still upfront. Isak's that good he can make it work but we don't play to his strengths at all and don't play a possession based game with plenty of through balls  to get him in behind. 

Got to hope Tonali being back and making decisive forward passes will unlock something. Not much else to cling to admittedly. The away performances are not great.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Really?

He's saved them before for us

1 minute ago, SAK said:

He’s good on pens from memory?

Not sure why I feel that way, and I can't remember him saving, but I hope you're right :D