Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

I was on the pitch briefly for a Newcastle Wimbledon cup game. Not the same Wimbledon though 🤷‍♂️

It feels weird being a football fan and having a huge soft spot for the phoenix club AFC, given how much so many of us actively disliked the old Wimbledon 

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It feels weird being a football fan and having a huge soft spot for the phoenix club AFC, given how much so many of us actively disliked the old Wimbledon 

me too.

20 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Like the FA Cup, they always get picked because only the televised games in the U.K. are shown abroad, and they kind of have to have every single Man Utd game available for the foreign market.

They shouldn’t, the League, and the FA should be encouraging an uptake in fans across the board, but TV distributors demand Man Utd.

Indeed, but from the distributors point of view, they’ve paid the money, so they’ll choose whatever gets them the most viewers (could probably argue that shouldn’t be the case if and when it’s the BBC).

It comes back to the same argument about PL ko times being moved about and match going fans being shafted. If clubs, or the organisations (i.e the PL) were that bothered they could accept less money in exchange for more of a say/veto on certain rearrangements. Obviously none of us will hold our breath for that to occur.