Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

‘In anyway’ is a weird quirk of language. Is it only Geordie? 

Don’t think so, some people I know in the midlands say it too. Gets on my tits so much for no real reason though 😂

1 minute ago, Maggies said:

Let’s rearrange at St James’ and give them a bit extra from ticket sales to repair their ground.

Doubt Sky would want to show it if we’re at home, so the amount they lost there wouldn’t be covered by a % of ticket sales.

Ground should be insured anyway.

20 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

This will be awkward to reschedule. Wimbledon are due to play against Crewe next Tuesday, with an international break following the following week.

In theory, could we play in international break? 

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

Doubt Sky would want to show it if we’re at home, so the amount they lost there wouldn’t be covered by a % of ticket sales.

Ground should be insured anyway.

All games are shown by Sky anyway, don't think we were one of their main picks.

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Just a thought, if we can put out a strong enough team and doubt it is going to affect their selection. 

I think we’d rather not be without:

Pope

Dubravka

Greek GK

Hall

Tino

Kraft

Bruno

Tonali

Miggy

Gordon

Isak

Osula

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Can't remember the last time we had a game postponed, must have been a good few years :lol:

We shithoused a couple of postponements during Covid, seem to recall Hassenhuttel took the hump at Southampton and Villa away perhaps? 

Not an expert but that pitch looks like it will take a while to repair and considering it is raining most of the week in London, looks tricky to rearrange this one.

The most logical thing would be to arrange it at a London venue, I'm sure Fulham or Palace would be open to a little extra cash for PSR [emoji38] Saying that, I could imagine Parish being an absolute twat about it.

Edited by Fenham Mag

Is there a cut off for when they have to be able to fulfil the fixture before we get a bye?

Looks to me that the only week they don't have a midweek fixture before the next round is the week of the 14th October which is between the internationals and the first premier league game back. We're playing a weakened team then

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

I was led to believe he could control the weather, I’m disgusted that’s not the case 

Wouldn’t put it past him. His reign of tyranny knows no bounds. Hope currently in a tizzy coming up with a “Mitchell inbox flooded, dark clouds over SJP after bitter relationship takes new twist” article where he questions why Mitchell controls the weather/why doesn’t he control the weather?!? Howe remains cryptic.