Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

I'd go Barnes, Osula and Miggy up top. Willock, Longstaff and 1 of Tonali or Bruno. (Wish Miley was fit!). Back 4 of Tino, Hall, Kelly and Krafth. Pope in the net. 

There's an urgent need to get Osula integrated. Would like to see him get first half. I consider Wilson pretty much a write off, and Isak is potentially missing for the next 3-4 weeks. We can't afford not having another option.

44 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

There's an urgent need to get Osula integrated. Would like to see him get first half. I consider Wilson pretty much a write off, and Isak is potentially missing for the next 3-4 weeks. We can't afford not having another option.

think he'll deffo start - he's probabaly already told him.

Just now, LFEE said:

Why? It’s a bigger game than Saturday.

The two of them have played an incredible amount of football in the last 15 months with very little break and both expend an incredible amount of energy when they play. They, and particularly Bruno, cannot play every game. If we can't confidently rest a couple players against a L2 side at home then I don't really know what to say.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

The two of them have played an incredible amount of football in the last 15 months with very little break and both expend an incredible amount of energy when they play. They, and particularly Bruno, cannot play every game. If we can't confidently rest a couple players against a L2 side at home then I don't really know what to say.

Don’t have to say anything on my behalf. We are who we have always been. A good team but not a great one. When that’s the case you can’t take too many chances against an opposition playing THEIR biggest game of the season with absolutely nothing to lose. Having neither Bruno or Gordon on the bench would be very dangerous. Hopefully for me they are and even have a funny feeling AG starts.

Not sure why you’d want them nowhere the game personally. This is a massive game for us in front of a sell out crowd.

33 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Why? It’s a bigger game than Saturday.

how do you work that out?? Wimbledon are in league two I'd much rather use Willock n Langstaff then Gordon or Bruno for this game with how our performances have been in the pl

2 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Isak is possible for Everton 

3 minutes ago, astraguy said:

how do you work that out?? Wimbledon are in league two I'd much rather use Willock n Langstaff then Gordon or Bruno for this game with how our performances have been in the pl

I assume he means it’s more important to win this than a single PL match, as we’ve obviously a far, far greater chance of winning this than the PL. And winning a major trophy is probably higher up on must fans priority list than finishing X place in the PL.

Having said that it’s clearly not ‘bigger’ in terms of difficulty than a PL match would be, which should allow us to change the team if we want.

59 minutes ago, astraguy said:

You only get one chance to advance in the Cup. More chance of us winning the cup. That’s how I’ve deduced this is a bigger game to Saturday.

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

I'd go Barnes, Osula and Miggy up top. Willock, Longstaff and 1 of Tonali or Bruno. (Wish Miley was fit!). Back 4 of Tino, Hall, Kelly and Krafth. Pope in the net. 

Games like this are why I would have even kept Isaac Hayden in the squad rather than a 5th keeper.

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You only get one chance to advance in the Cup. More chance of us winning the cup. That’s how I’ve deduced this is a bigger game to Saturday.

I understand your point, but it's not about this one cup match vs. one PL match. Everyone could play both if necessary. It's about managing the whole season, resting our most used/important players when possible, getting minutes for lesser used players, etc. We have to rotate and there may not be a more obvious option for rotation all season.

23 minutes ago, McEwan said:

Games like this are why I would have even kept Isaac Hayden in the squad rather than a 5th keeper.

:lol::lol:

Isaac Hayden would struggle to get a game for Wimbledon.

Honestly, why does this keep coming up? Do people remember Hayden? I don't like talking shit about players but Hayden was barely PL quality at his best, let alone now. 

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I understand your point, but it's not about this one cup match vs. one PL match. Everyone could play both if necessary. It's about managing the whole season, resting our most used/important players when possible, getting minutes for lesser used players, etc. We have to rotate and there may not be a more obvious option for rotation all season.

I understand yours too. However I’m just mindful of wholesale changes or no regulars on the bench. We aren’t good enough for that yet. It helps we are at home now so I think that might sway 1-2 extra changes but ultimately we’ve got to win THIS game. No ET so straight to a lottery after 90mins. Let’s win the game and bring players off if need be. There’s no game for two weeks after Everton.

It’s not as if we are in any sort of playing form. Man City display aside we’ve been well below par. Especially in an attacking sense. We know Isak won’t be available also.

Wimbledon have lost only 1 in 7 games. Winning 5 plus 1 win on Pens against Ipswich. They may be 3 leagues below us but they are in form. Same as Sheff Wed were who everyone seemed to forget about at the time when they thought we’d swat them aside with 5 changes.

We also have the knowledge we have a home tie next round. Win that also and things get really interesting. Especially with a bit of luck.

Edited by LFEE

2 hours ago, duo said:

Just seen Eddie's Press Conference - Lee Ryder asks the stupidest questions - cringe worthy

Luise the mackem is a complete a-hole, harping on about gordon to liverpool again. Detestable piece of work