Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

25 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

It’s every fucking week mate, it’s CL then Europa (plus an International break) for about 6 straight weeks. There would be no week to play it if they drew each other

So fuck. Play it on a Friday, and play their Premier League game on a Sunday or Monday night. There is a way around it, they just wanted the effective bye.

Or, and this is a big once, since our draw was made first, go to UEFA and ask them not to fucking draw the clubs together in the European competitions.

Edited by Stifler

7 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Their ground is decent, much better than Crystal Palace’s which are one of their south London neighbours.

And well done to Wimbledon's fan ownership for taking them back home, only 200 yards away from the old ground.

Sooooo close to Barrow again. We're never gonna play them in my lifetime it seems. Still, I'll take that, albeit away again. Think that's now over 250-1 for eight consecutive away draws? 

Just now, Cort said:

And well done to Wimbledon's fan ownership for taking them back home, only 200 yards away from the old ground.

Don’t think you didn’t play your part Carl.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

So fuck. Play it on a Friday, and play their Premier League game on a Sunday or Monday night. There is a way around it, they just wanted the effective bye.

Or, and this is a big once, since our draw was made first, go to UEFA and ask them not to fucking draw the clubs together in the European completions.

I think you know as well as I do that isn’t going to happen.

Your second sentence makes no sense, it is drawing each other in the League Cup that would be the problem.

Most countries don’t have two domestic cup competitions, obviously the new CL format is stupid and the cause of this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

I think you know as well as I do that isn’t going to happen.

Your second sentence makes no sense, it is drawing each other in the League Cup that would be the problem.

Most countries don’t have two domestic cup competitions, obviously the new CL format is stupid and the cause of this nonsense.

It does though. For example last year teams were tied. AC Milan and Inter are opposite tied, so they can’t play at home the same week as each other. We were opposite tied with Arsenal, so we couldn’t play on the same day as them.

All you have to do is go to UEFA and tie the teams so they don’t end up playing at the same time if there was a clash.

That draw schedule is ridiculous.

Teams in Europe have squads of 30+ players. Little minnows have squads of about 15 but they get told to shut up and turn up who ever you get drawn against.

For "financial fair play" why don't the minnows get to play the European big boys at home to make themselves some much needed money. 

Also having a draw off screen is absolute bullshit, whatever the circumstances.

Anyway, bring on the Dons.

Just now, Stifler said:

It does though. For example last year teams were tied. AC Milan and Inter are opposite tied, so they can’t play at home the same week as each other. We were opposite tied with Arsenal, so we couldn’t play on the same day as them.

All you have to do is go to UEFA and tie the teams so they don’t end up playing at the same time if there was a clash.

The issue isn’t necessarily two CL clubs drawing each other. It would be if a Europa League team drew a CL team as they are scheduled on opposite weeks this season. So yes, you could ask UEFA to do us a solid and move a Europa game for example but I imagine there would be rights issues and they aren’t going to do it for the fucking Carabao Cup.

Wimbledon’s climb back to the Football League is still a great story mind, love that they saved their club and climbed all the way up to play Franchise FC in competitive matches.  Those wankers in Milton Keynes should be ashamed

Just now, Scotty66 said:

That draw schedule is ridiculous.

Teams in Europe have squads of 30+ players. Little minnows have squads of about 15 but they get told to shut up and turn up who ever you get drawn against.

For "financial fair play" why don't the minnows get to play the European big boys at home to make themselves some much needed money. 

Also having a draw off screen is absolute bullshit, whatever the circumstances.

Anyway, bring on the Dons.

I agree with the sentiment, however if you’re a smaller club and you get drawn with Man Utd away, because of the way cup games tickets sales are distributed, you’d financially be better off drawing away.

Just now, Ashley17 said:

The issue isn’t necessarily two CL clubs drawing each other. It would be if a Europa League team drew a CL team as they are scheduled on opposite weeks this season. So yes, you could ask UEFA to do us a solid and move a Europa game for example but I imagine there would be rights issues and they aren’t going to do it for the fucking Carabao Cup.

So. Like I said, it might even mean juggling the domestic fixtures to do it so a League games is moved back or forward a few days to fit it in. It should be done that way instead.

20 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Do we ever play cup games at home? [emoji38]

8 away draws in a row. The chance of losing a 50/50 8 times is 0,39%.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

So. Like I said, it might even mean juggling the domestic fixtures to do it so a League games is moved back or forward a few days to fit it in. It should be done that way instead.

I think that would be a logistical nightmare. I can’t be bothered to explain further but get a pen and paper and put Team A playing on Thursday and Team B playing Wednesday 6 days later and try and fit in a league game and a league cup game in between without breaking minimum rest rules.

1 hour ago, Ashley17 said:

I think that would be a logistical nightmare. I can’t be bothered to explain further but get a pen and paper and put Team A playing on Thursday and Team B playing Wednesday 6 days later and try and fit in a league game and a league cup game in between without breaking minimum rest rules.

Absolutely no reason Team A couldn't play their European game on Tuesday, league cup on Friday between them, Premier League game on Monday for Team B, Tuesday or Wednesday for Team A, European game on Thursday for Team B. These are the richest cunts around with the biggest squads, so tough luck, play the kids if you have to.

Also, and more importantly, why couldn't two CL teams draw each other? Or the two EL teams? Don't see how that is any different to what has happened now.

The Football League would have been bricking it that these clubs pull out or start throwing the matches again.  Usual dummy spit and threats would have worked in getting the rules changed.  They don’t actually like sporting competition, these owners.