Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 01/09/24 @ 13:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Hope Eddie picks the right team to start with from the outset.

That right side of the team has caused us problems this season.

If we start as poorly as we did against Southampton and Bournemouth because of it, think the atmosphere will be really bad, coming off the back of a poor window.

I want to see:

Pope

Tino

Krafth

Burn

Hall

Tonali

Bruno

Jow

Gordon

Barnes

Isak

I think we’ll see Tonali but I don’t think we’ll see Hall, will be Kelly. Think it’s 50-50 whether Barnes starts of Murphy 

Got to have a "fuck you" attitude today..fuck the window, fuck psr, fuck ffp, fuck parish, fuck the premier league, fuck Richard masters, fuck the corrupt 6, fuck sky, fuck the BBC, fuck spurs, fuck everyone except us, it's us against the world - HWTL!!!

Good to see a lot already expecting and accepting defeat. Should make the thread a lot easier to read with them reacting according to their expected result.

No gripes with the team. Quality all over it and on the bench too. Very anxious about the prospect of a bad result and what that'll do to the mood of the place, with tabloid sharks already circling and portions of the support busting a gut to feel hard done by. Would take a point.

Like the line up but would have had Tonali over Longstaff but understand why he wasn’t selected.

Kelly over Hall I agree with as Hall was a bit sketchy in defence against Forest but good going forward second half.

Want to see Barnes and Gordon switching sides to give the Spurs defence problems plus bring in Barnes cutting in and shooting from the left into play.

Hopefully we can do these and lift the mood after the transfer window failure.