Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 15/09/24 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

This popped up on my TL. If ever there was a Zeitgeist in highlighting what a bunch of cnuts a lot of our fans are was this clip adoring Bruno’s no look pass (when he looked!) and criticising Miggy’s touch (when it was spot on and just good goalkeeping). Hope Miggy comes off the bench and scores the winner!

Edited by LFEE

fwiw fantasy football scouts predicted line-up

image.png.4654e9d2e9f594986d8da76ea32b6cb0.png

Edit: I think and hope Tonali starts, but won't lose my shit if Sean does. I can see fair arguments for why Tonali would be benched for this too.

Edited by Conjo

Not sure when it will happen. Probably only if Burn is injured or suspended. But I’d love to see Schar and Kelly as the CB pair at some point. 

It’s not even that I think Burn has been bad or anything. He’s been decent for the most part and much better at CB. I’d just like to see Hall get some minutes and Kelly is also better on the ball than Burn with a decent range of passing. 

So many of our problems, well, probably most of our problems in possession. All start with the back 5. Only really Schar there that is really comfortable on the ball and will look to break lines from the positions they’re all playing in currently. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not sure when it will happen. Probably only if Burn is injured or suspended. But I’d love to see Schar and Kelly as the CB pair at some point. 

It’s not even that I think Burn has been bad or anything. He’s been decent for the most part and much better at CB. I’d just like to see Hall get some minutes and Kelly is also better on the ball than Burn with a decent range of passing. 

So many of our problems, well, probably most of our problems in possession. All start with the back 5. Only really Schar there that is really comfortable on the ball and will look to break lines from the positions they’re all playing in currently. 

The majority of our recent goals conceded have come aerially. This would definitely help us going forward but it may make us concede more.

Have they? How far back are we going as I don’t remember loads of goals due to us being beaten in the air for height? Bad positioning and communication at times, maybe. 

This season alone, it’s only the long throw at Forest where it’s been bad defending from the ball coming in high. Then an outrageous (sliced) finish resulting in a goal. 

All a moot point. As I do think Howe likes the security of a CB type at left back and the extra size and strength it brings. It’s just limiting us even more on the ball. 

Edited by Lush Vlad