Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 15/09/24 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

How demoralising must that be for Barnes, if true? If he’s not going to be given a run in the side now, he never will be (willingly anyway).

Is Howe too close to some of the players or something?? I generally love him as our manager but I think he’s either that or he has poor judgement with some players. Even if he thinks only one of Gordon or Barnes can play, the latter has earned  his place over the former. Are we operating on a performance-based selection process or do we have permanent first choice / bench players? 

Still hoping it’s not true and common sense will prevail.

If we've not signed a RW, Barnes and Gordon have to be starting. And if they aren't, it goes back to what the fuck the point of signing Barnes was? And Barnes will rightly be getting annoyed as he will still have England ambitions.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Away strip debut. Will it be a lucky strip? Let’s get the 3 points. Sandro masterclass :indi:

Tonali and Murphy starts IMO. Don't slap them in the graphics and not start.

What does he have to do though? 

He's played and played well yet gets dropped. I think Longstaff and Murphy should be bench players only. Not getting starts ahead of our better players. 

1 minute ago, timnufc22 said:

How demoralising must that be for Barnes, if true? If he’s not going to be given a run in the side now, he never will be (willingly anyway).

Is Howe too close to some of the players or something?? I generally love him as our manager but I think he’s either that or he has poor judgement with some players. Even if he thinks only one of Gordon or Barnes can play, the latter has earned  his place over the former. Are we operating on a performance-based selection process or do we have permanent first choice / bench players? 

His selection clearly isn't only based on permanent first choice / bench players. Gordon and Barnes started just last game. It's clearly not performance based only either, as that would mean Barnes LW & Murphy RW with Gordon on the bench, which fwiw I bet you'd have a pre-moan about too :lol: 

Just now, andycap said:

What does he have to do though? 

He's played and played well yet gets dropped. I think Longstaff and Murphy should be bench players only. Not getting starts ahead of our better players. 

We wouldn't have won against Tottenham if it wasn't for Murphy. Does he not deserve a chance when he does well too, or is that only applicable to our perceived best players?