Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 15/09/24 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Murphy instead of Barnes is really poor. The only reason I can see is that he protects the defence more, which isn't the mentality we should be going to somewhere like Wolves with. 

Longstaff ahead of Tonali is disappointingly predictable too. 

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Would be a strong bench if Willock wasn't a permacrock and made the bench. Getting real tired of Howe sticking with Kelly at left back.

You'll be happy today then.

Unless he has a knock, that's a very poor decision re: Barnes.

It just sends a really poor message and is entirely counterproductive. What motivation is he going to have to perform if there's no consistency to him starting? I'd get it if our other wingers were class but it's Murphy and Almiron ffs.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

"Having a strong bench" doesn't count if you're just starting less good players ahead of them in the starting XI ffs :lol:

Depends on Howes game plan. If it's to ride an early storm from a Wolves (Longstaff will be fresher than Tonali, Murphy works harder off the ball than Barnes) that will be desperate to bounce back from the trashing they got against Chelsea, and put on more quality players when Wolves are tired late in the game then it kinda makes sense.

Or due to other considerations....prefer to not cry like so many on here and trust that Howe has this in the bag.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Unless he has a knock, that's a very poor decision re: Barnes.

It just sends a really poor message and is entirely counterproductive. What motivation is he going to have to perform if there's no consistency to him starting? I'd get it if our other wingers were class but it's Murphy and Almiron ffs.

Tonali must be scratching his beautiful head too. 

Don't understand Barnes not starting unless he isn't fully fit.

Really hope the lads he's chosen do well today because the narrative that Howe can be too loyal to the lads who should be bench or squad players now is harder to ignore each time.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He’s gone for Murphy and Longstaff to be more defensive imo.

Away from home that's usually the smart move. Wolves are no mugs but I think the disappointing thing is Tonali is just as capable defensively as Longstaff, there isn't a reason other than loyalty to stick with him anymore.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Away from home that's usually the smart move. Wolves are no mugs but I think the disappointing thing is Tonali is just as capable defensively as Longstaff, there isn't a reason other than loyalty to stick with him anymore.

Didn't chelsea bang five in against them at molineux?