Lockwood Cup (10 year anniversary): 19/10/24 - Squads in O.P.

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

If the 8v8 isn't too cramped I'd lean three games.

I don't think it would be too cramped. 7s is perfect but 8s isn't awful. I think we actually did it the first time we did Reds v Blues at this venue. 

15 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Given the limited time with 4 teams, I'd say 8v8 is good for more game time.

Generally agree but the availability of being able to take a breather (i.e. having a sub) does appeal to some, hence the suggestion that we only go 8s if we do the 'everyone plays everyone'/short games format. 

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I think it depends what we do fixtures-wise.

If every team plays everyone, do 8v8. In this scenario we'll have to be extremely organised to fit all games in and they'd probably have to be ~13 minutes, factoring-in turnarounds. 

🔴 vs 🔵

️ vs 🔲

🔴 vs

🔵 vs 🔲

🔴 vs 🔲

️ vs 🔵

If every team plays twice, go 7s with a sub. In this scenario we could afford ourselves some breathing room and the games can be 20 minutes. 

🔴 vs

🔵 vs 🔲

🔴 vs 🔲

🔵 vs

Happy to open that for debate. Personal vote would be the latter because longer games is better and it's less admin. Though there's pros and cons for either.  

Option 1 with 8v8 if all 32 players turn up I’d say.

7v7 has left some glaring gaps on the pitch due to fitness levels if teams turn out imbalanced. Also makes it harder for a simple turn of pace to slice open a team or long ball. That little bit less space will hopefully tighten all the games up and help those who are unable to run endlessly.

Also means maximum game time for everyone and less time keeping admin for rotation. Everyone knows where they stand from the off except the team without designated GK who will need to decide how they rotate.

Everyone gets to play against everyone and shorter games means you ain’t seizing up waiting for next fixture.

10 years ago I would’ve stuck with 7+1 but over the last couple of years I think it’s time we give 8v8 a go. Can always revert next year if need be. With so many long distance travellers playing I’d rather them get as much pitch time as they can this year.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sounds good to me. Will have to be very organised, starting as close to bang on ten as possible, with prompt turnarounds between the games. 

Dave free to timekeep and whistle, @LFEE

Might have a female timekeeper this year. Awaiting the first Woke reference [emoji38]

As for timekeeping if we can somehow get the first game going early (9:55) that will give us actually more breathing space than you’d expect. Main thing is we KO no later than 10am.

Edited by LFEE

1 hour ago, Papavasiliou said:

Anyone got a spare pair of gloves for the team with no keeper? 

I've got a pair if needs be but my rucksack is usually at its seems so if anyone else can bring some that would be ideal. 

18 hours ago, gbandit said:

“The manager has brought in some new ideas, he trusts me as a player which gives me confidence. I think we’re all buying into his ideas. It’s an exciting time for the Whites, we just need to keep working.”

Alreet, Josh Allen.

@Mike

Just like to add that I’m happy that the captaincy has gone to Shak, he’s a refreshing addition to the leadership group and nothing has really changed as regards my role.

Any suggestion of demotion or being ‘snubbed’ is simply uninformed speculation. 

Allez les blancs. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo