Fulham vs. Newcastle United: 21/09/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

I know they looked half decent in a couple of their games and we’ve not exactly looked good. But I’m a bit confused why so many seem to think we’ll struggle or that a point would be a good result? 

They drew away at Ipswich and won a fairly tight game at home to Leicester? They were unlucky not to win against West Ham and the Man U game was an odd one. They wasted decent opportunities themselves. But also could and probably should have been 3 down at HT themselves. 

With the home games we have coming up. I’m not so sure a draw is a good result, personally. 

3 minutes ago, JLC said:

22-23 all over again. Unconvincing form thus far, clicked against Fulham away and never looked back. 

Unconvincing in terms of results maybe, but we should've had something at Liverpool, should've beat Palace and were great against Man City despite not holding on. We were only quite poor at Brighton and against Bournemouth in the opening games that season. Wolves maybe too, but we should've had a pen in the first half that game as well.

Whereas this season we are getting the results but have been quite poor in pretty much every match so far.

We could do with a win in this, looking at our fixtures afterwards we have a tough run of games coming up:

Man City (h)

Everton (a) - despite how shit they are, we always struggle against them.

Brighton (h)

Chelsea (a)

Arsenal (h)

13 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Unconvincing in terms of results maybe, but we should've had something at Liverpool, should've beat Palace and were great against Man City despite not holding on. We were only quite poor at Brighton and against Bournemouth in the opening games that season. Wolves maybe too, but we should've had a pen in the first half that game as well.

Whereas this season we are getting the results but have been quite poor in pretty much every match so far.

All true ! Just remember it was a breakthrough performance and result. Kicked on from it. Take the same !

16 minutes ago, 54 said:

We could do with a win in this, looking at our fixtures afterwards we have a tough run of games coming up:

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

Chelsea (a)

Arsenal (h)

Just imagine we won all of these. 

29 minutes ago, 54 said:

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

Chelsea (a)

Arsenal (h)

Fuck me [emoji38]

6 points from that lot would be a decent return, especially if we're still struggling on the striker front.

58 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I know they looked half decent in a couple of their games and we’ve not exactly looked good. But I’m a bit confused why so many seem to think we’ll struggle or that a point would be a good result? 

They drew away at Ipswich and won a fairly tight game at home to Leicester? They were unlucky not to win against West Ham and the Man U game was an odd one. They wasted decent opportunities themselves. But also could and probably should have been 3 down at HT themselves. 

With the home games we have coming up. I’m not so sure a draw is a good result, personally. 

All depends on whether Isak is fit for me. If he is, I would want a win and be disappointed not to get one, especially as we will have tougher fixtures to follow. But I've never really been convinced when Gordon starts up front, but would be nice to be proven wrong.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Just think we will struggle without a proper striker playing. Only need to look at games last season without one and we struggled in every one of them.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'd sooner see Osula play CF and just rely on him for link-up play, occupy their CBs etc. Rely on Gordon, Barnes and support from CM for goals. Anything he gets is a bonus.

Think Osula can do a job of pulling defenders out of position. He’s quite quick on the break too! 

12 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'd sooner see Osula play CF and just rely on him for link-up play, occupy their CBs etc. Rely on Gordon, Barnes and support from CM for goals. Anything he gets is a bonus.

I can't see it with Eddie tbh, he'll go with Gordon. Personally I find it hard to believe Gordon would do a better job up front than a proper centre forward. I would also just tell Osula to go out there and cause havoc and don't worry about goals. Just bring in players around you and if on opportunity comes it comes, but don't worry about the goals.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

Chelsea (a)

Arsenal (h)

Definately need a big win, for the points and confidence.

Our run of home games coming up is mental.

City
Brighton

Arsenal

West Ham

Liverpool

By roughly 33% of the season gone, 85% of our home games will have been against top 10 sides.   Good to get them out of the way but we really need to hit form ASAP!

14 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Definately need a big win, for the points and confidence.

Our run of home games coming up is mental.

City
Brighton

Arsenal

West Ham

Liverpool

By roughly 33% of the season gone, 85% of our home games will have been against top 10 sides.   Good to get them out of the way but we really need to hit form ASAP!

That a good question actually, would you rather play the all the top 10 sides at home in the first half of the season, and play the bottom 10 away, and then play the top 10 away from home in the second half or would you rather have it the other way where you play all the bottom half teams at home in the first half?

My thoughts are that it's good to get them out the way early, and then you can keep accumulating points to so called "lesser sides" at home in the second half, despite having horrid away fixtures against teams you hope to be competing with.