Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 28/09/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

14 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

Wilson is continually injured, he should have been relegated to third choice, or sold, and a new second striker brought in, is what I think most people are alluding to.

I think it's impossible to find a reasonably priced striker that is better than Wilson but also happy to sit behind Isak. Once we couldn't move Wilson, Osula is exactly the right profile for a player. Just a shame Wilson's injury was once again worse than expected and Isak already has a freak injury.

Such a shame that Isak is likely out of the same game that Rodri and KDB are, as no way does he start Osula here.

I feel like we’ll lack structure today without a striker and the shape will suffer. Fortunately this is a game where we might have expected to have less of the ball anyway, so that could take the edge off. No doubt Eddie has had them working on it.

Edited by Nine

7 hours ago, Pata said:

I think it's impossible to find a reasonably priced striker that is better than Wilson but also happy to sit behind Isak. Once we couldn't move Wilson, Osula is exactly the right profile for a player. Just a shame Wilson's injury was once again worse than expected and Isak already has a freak injury.

Don’t ask me who. As I don’t play FIFA or FM like all the experts. But could we have not signed a right forward type who could also do a job up top better than Barnes or Gordon and has actually played a meaningful amount of minutes there?  

We desperately needed a right winger and can’t rely on Wilson to stay fit or Isak to play anywhere near 100%. It’s been the case since the start of last season and we’ve still not properly addressed it.  

Wilson has been a great player for us. But his legacy has been soured the last two seasons. As he has gone become a perma-crock. 

9 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Don’t ask me who. As I don’t play FIFA or FM like all the experts. But could we have not signed a right forward type who could also do a job up top better than Barnes or Gordon and has actually played a meaningful amount of minutes there?  

We desperately needed a right winger and can’t rely on Wilson to stay fit or Isak to play anywhere near 100%. It’s been the case since the start of last season and we’ve still not properly addressed it.  

Wilson has been a great player for us. But his legacy has been soured the last two seasons. As he has gone become a perma-crock. 

Mbeumo would have been my choice. Could we have got him for the money we seemed willing to spend on Guehi? Maybe, maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

I actually think he’ll start Longstaff today 

Yep, I reckon he'll drop Willock & Gordon/Barnes to fit Longstaff and Tonali in, shifting Joelinton to the left imo. Can see Miggy starting on the right to just run around and harass them.