Who would you buy?

Guest Lee-Mus

I rate Nicky Shorey very highly(as do most Reading fans and Sir Steve Coppell). However I would leap at Arron Hughes' return.Seeing him at the villa just reminds me of what an absolute T*** S*****s was!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seeing Aaron Hughes at the Villa makes me, and every other Villa supporter I know, remember what a f***ing mug David O'Leary was for buying him off you in the first place.

Most of us would quite happily carry him shoulder high back to newcastle, he is an absolutely shocking player.

classifying Bramble and Carr together is a disgrace

at least titus cares and has ability as a defender

What on earth makes you think Titus cares any more than Carr?

I would say Titus has been directly at fault for more goals we've conceded over the last two seasons than Carr has.

I would say Titus has been directly at fault for more goals we've conceded over the last two seasons than Carr has.

BULLSHIT, a lot of titus's errors stem from the fact that he's prepared to put his foot in. Carr neglects his responsibilities time and time again then blames every other cunt.

BULLSHIT, a lot of titus's errors stem from the fact that he's prepared to put his foot in. Carr neglects his responsibilities time and time again then blames every other c***.

I would have said that a lot of Titus's errors stem from one of two things: a) He doesn't have a very long concentration span or b) He isn't very good at marking people from set pieces. You also didn't tell me why Titus cares about the club more than Carr does. Good reply though.

I hear a lot of moaning going on about our usual lack of activity in the transfer windo so If you were Glenn now who would you buy??

Me I'd buy:

LB-Paul Konchesky

RB-Luke Young

CM-Youssi Benayoun

CF-James Beattie

Cf-Ashley Young

LB-Paul Konchesky (worth a punt)

RB-Luke Young (Worst game by a RB ive ever seen against Liverpool, but still worth a punt i suppose, trade with carr)

CM-Youssi Benayoun (inconstant, dont need him and his position)

CF-James Beattie (No more than £3m, worth a punt)

Cf-Ashley Young (Rejecting bids of £5m, plus he is a right winger, we dont need him)

Konchesky is worth a look at. Curbs sold him from Charlton and may now find himself pushed out as the two never got on. WHU didn't pay a massive fee, maybe a swap for Babayaro to keep costs down would be worth a look.

Same for Young. Charlton fans are not happy with him, he's lost interest and we could for the right price he could move. However, nothing more than £3m for numerous reasons, maybe throw Carr in as well

Beattie is about the best striker we can get for the £3m mark without taking a punt abroad. I reckon he'd redouble his efforts if he came here, and relaunch his career, but its a risk, but one worth taking imo.

If the club came out with these three before the window closes, i'd be quite happy. Although i think there are better options about for the fullback positions, we neither have the money, nor the talent to broker the deals needed to secure the players, so maybe with WHU & Charlton in unsecure positions, we could take some advantage over them.

Quoted for this man talking sense. My thoughts exactly.  :thup: :thup: :thup:

aye likewise, only problem is he is a form player - either good or bad, he tends not to have a steady average. Decent pen taker too which could be a bonus

Aye - agree that him being a 'confidence' player is the one thing that will put a doubt in a lot of peoples minds. Also, its a nice bonus that he can strike a good pen/free kick.

I don't buy in to the argument that he's shite just because he hasn't done the business at Everton. Just look at Crouch, Kevin Davies, Camara etc for prove that you can do well as some clubs and not at others.

He's not useless. He would do a job and he would be low risk signing, in that we could always sell him on if it didn't work without taking a massive hit of the transfer fee.

It seems to me that a lot of people of disregarding the idea of signing him without looking at it from a risk viewpoint.

My mind changes from one week to the next regarding transfers, so i don't know how valid an input i can provide. Let's say we have got this rumoured £10m to spend.

I believe that we crave a quality defender more so than a quality, expensive striker. If we go blowing £7/8m more on another striker this window, i'll be annoyed - because we simply don't need one. We need a stopgap striker like Viduka or Beattie that will do us a job until the end of the season, and slip down the pecking order when Owen (and Shola perhaps) return.

Defenders, however. I would love to see us go all out for Leighton Baines - who is already an excellent full-back and will develop into an superb player. I believe that he will have his suitors, and he won't come cheaply, but Wigan are very average this year and wage packets are a strong catalyst. I'd much rather see that £6/7/8m spent in this area, left-back primarily - the weakest position in the entire team.

We could do with a centre-back - though it isn't vital. I think i would be content if we concentrated our defensive budget on left-back, and didn't even bring in another centre-back. This is because the players in that position are improving, and we've got a lot of them anyway with Moore and Bramble to come back. Although, it's a shame that we're not going for Distin. I'd love to see us bring Wes Brown in if we were going to sign a centre-back, i think he is a quality defender when he's fit - he's also experienced - but i think he depends on how big our budget is.

We're going to need a striker, no doubt about it. But probably a very cheap one or on loan if things go according to plan (my plan ;-) ). I'd have liked Viduka, but i think he's nailed a regular place in the Boro team and they won't let him go now. So i'd opt for James Beattie - who in my opinion is doubtless a good player, just that he's done nowt at Everton. A player at his age, who had so much potential, doesn't just all of a sudden become a bad player. If we could loan him or pay minimal for him, i'd be pleased.

Leighton Baines

Wes Brown

James Beattie

... would be cracking.

My mind changes from one week to the next regarding transfers, so i don't know how valid an input i can provide. Let's say we have got this rumoured £10m to spend.

I believe that we crave a quality defender more so than a quality, expensive striker. If we go blowing £7/8m more on another striker this window, i'll be annoyed - because we simply don't need one. We need a stopgap striker like Viduka or Beattie that will do us a job until the end of the season, and slip down the pecking order when Owen (and Shola perhaps) return.

Defenders, however. I would love to see us go all out for Leighton Baines - who is already an excellent full-back and will develop into an superb player. I believe that he will have his suitors, and he won't come cheaply, but Wigan are very average this year and wage packets are a strong catalyst. I'd much rather see that £6/7/8m spent in this area, left-back primarily - the weakest position in the entire team.

We could do with a centre-back - though it isn't vital. I think i would be content if we concentrated our defensive budget on left-back, and didn't even bring in another centre-back. This is because the players in that position are improving, and we've got a lot of them anyway with Moore and Bramble to come back. Although, it's a shame that we're not going for Distin. I'd love to see us bring Wes Brown in if we were going to sign a centre-back, i think he is a quality defender when he's fit - he's also experienced - but i think he depends on how big our budget is.

We're going to need a striker, no doubt about it. But probably a very cheap one or on loan if things go according to plan (my plan ;-) ). I'd have liked Viduka, but i think he's nailed a regular place in the Boro team and they won't let him go now. So i'd opt for James Beattie - who in my opinion is doubtless a good player, just that he's done nowt at Everton. A player at his age, who had so much potential, doesn't just all of a sudden become a bad player. If we could loan him or pay minimal for him, i'd be pleased.

Leighton Baines

Wes Brown

James Beattie

... would be cracking.

Sounds good, but i would rather have Carew.........Or Evangeline Lilly  :winking:

Leighton Baines

Wes Brown

James Beattie

Sounds good, but i would rather have Carew.........Or Evangeline Lilly :winking:

No nowt about Carew, and i doubt Roeder knows much either. Beattie however, everyone knows he has got the quality. In my opinion, all he needs is a new club to kick-off from once again. He's not made it at Everton, and will never do. Both are a risk, but i'd rather go for the risk that is already proven in the Premiership.

Leighton Baines

Wes Brown

James Beattie

Sounds good, but i would rather have Carew.........Or Evangeline Lilly :winking:

No nowt about Carew, and i doubt Roeder knows much either. Beattie however, everyone knows he has got the quality. In my opinion, all he needs is a new club to kick-off from once again. He's not made it at Everton, and will never do. Both are a risk, but i'd rather go for the risk that is already proven in the Premiership.

I agree about Beattie also, i have mentioned him before also. But i was thinking Carew on loan and put the money on defenders...

Beattie is as much a proven failure as he is a proven success. He's one who could go either way and for the money it would take to bring him here I'm not sure it's worth it. I've even seen one or two people on here suggest he has time to improve, yet he turns 29 next month! I think his best days are definitely behind him. You have to ask yourself why he's just not getting games for Everton.

If we go for Beattie I get the feeling it is because he is available and English, rather than as a result of careful scouting to find someone who would slot nicely into our gameplay. Let's face it, we've unearthed very few gems and made very few inspired buys in recent years.

Beattie is as much a proven failure as he is a proven success. He's one who could go either way and for the money it would take to bring him here I'm not sure it's worth it. I've even seen one or two people on here suggest he has time to improve, yet he turns 29 next month! I think his best days are definitely behind him.

Beattie or Viduka, who would you choose?

Beattie is as much a proven failure as he is a proven success. He's one who could go either way and for the money it would take to bring him here I'm not sure it's worth it. I've even seen one or two people on here suggest he has time to improve, yet he turns 29 next month! I think his best days are definitely behind him.

Beattie or Viduka, who would you choose?

Neither. There are plenty of strikers out there. Before everyone asks me to name them, I'm not paid to find these people, but I do know that every year other clubs find them.

Bridge

Klose

Miguel

Diago

Diop

Distin

Upson

There you Fred get your dosh out, oh fk hang on you said we had to buy them, em okay I think I could get these lads in.  :thup:

Gejon

jonny2j

Kassu

Bluf

Yorkie Geordie

Grumpy Gunt

Bridge

Klose

Miguel

Diago

Diop

Distin

Upson

There you Fred get your dosh out, oh fk hang on you said we had to buy them, em okay I think I could get these lads in.  :thup:

Gejon

jonny2j

Kassu

Bluf

Yorkie Geordie

Grumpy Gunt

over ambitious tbh.

Bridge

Klose

Miguel

Diago

Diop

Distin

Upson

Gejon

jonny2j

Kassu

Bluf

Yorkie Geordie

Grumpy Gunt

over ambitious tbh.

I just wanted to keep with club tradition and buy over priced , over rated and medicore players tbh.

:D

Bridge

Klose

Miguel

Diago blueconfused.gif

Diop

Distin

Upson

Gejon

jonny2j

Kassu

Bluf

Yorkie Geordie

Grumpy Gunt

over ambitious tbh.

I just wanted to keep with club tradition and buy over priced , over rated and medicore players tbh.

:D

Who?

Guest Lee-Mus

WHY or WHY Wes Brown he is shite and would be no better than Bramble.

Beattie may well be a gamble to some but he is of the Shearer mould and would be a class purchase.

Carew, maybe I have seen him play and he is good but I'd loan him first just to see if he can adapt to Premiership life.

Is our scouting system that shite that we have no new targets now from what we had a season ago??

WHY or WHY Wes Brown he is shite and would be no better than Bramble.

Beattie may well be a gamble to some but he is of the Shearer mould and would be a class purchase.

Carew, maybe I have seen him play and he is good but I'd loan him first just to see if he can adapt to Premiership life.

Is our scouting system that shite that we have no new targets now from what we had a season ago??

Got this weeks Match Magazine?  :monster:

Now that Fulham have got Montella, I'd go in with a bid for Brian McBride. Neither he nor Le Sib could handle playing every game, so I'd rotate them to play with Oba.

Should be quite cheap and on a short-ish term contract

That would be an excellent signing.