Milner on the move?

stozo

This article is 100% S**T

In 2 years time James Milner will be one of the best wingers in the Premiership and SWP will be at Man City which are always going to be mid table team

Lawro?

Well I agree with the first sentance.

We might well bid for SWP's on loan but we are not selling Milner, however much they want him to go on to be another young talent wasted at Newcastle.

I just heard on Talksport that you've matched West Ham's offer for SWP.

Think it will be irrelevant anyway, as he will stay in London, but i don't get it. Why on earth do you need to spaff 10m on a player for a position you've got someone doing very well in when you've got other areas far more obviously in need of work?

And if it turns out to be true, regardless of whether he comes to you, you've got to wonder how Milner's going to feel having done so well this season despite being dicked around in the summer, only to get another slap in the face.

Think it will be irrelevant anyway, as he will stay in London, but i don't get it. Why on earth do you need to spaff 10m on a player for a position you've got someone doing very well in when you've got other areas far more obviously in need of work?

And if it turns out to be true, regardless of whether he comes to you, you've got to wonder how Milner's going to feel having done so well this season despite being dicked around in the summer, only to get another slap in the face.

Ask the couple of retards we've got in place to make such decisions.

I've seen Milner turn in a few good performances on the trot a lot more recently than SWP has done

Whether SWP would get back to his best with regular football and the confidence of his manager is another matter

Guest sicko2ndbest

SWP would be a fantastic signing

if we didnt have Milner, duff, solano, dyer, obrien, pattison, nzogbia

Why on earth do you need to spaff 10m on a player for a position you've got someone doing very well in when you've got other areas far more obviously in need of work?

Because we're Newcastle United and that's what we do best.

None of our regular players will be leaving...I am sure about this (gutt feeling but...)

I would welcome SWP ONLY if we keep Milner, not at the expense of Milner, no f***ing way...

It would be good to give Milner a bit of competition, a healthy one is good...Dyer is really a central midfielder NOT a winger, Solano is becoming the new RWB, Parker, Emre and Butt are central midfielders, Duff and N'Zogbia are LWs so we really don't have another established RW to push Milner for his place...As I said I will only be happy with SWP deal if we keep Milner at this club...

I don't want us to buy SWP, but getting him on loan would be great. No obligation to justify a price-tag if isn't playing well and we are cursed with injuries so I don't expect Duff and Zoggy to be available for all games.

However, buying him would be mental, that 10m or whatever is needed elsewhere.

Oh, and there's NO WAY we're selling Milner. He likes it here and Roeder is happy with him. He'll be here the 1 of February, no doubt

Can only see this as easy journalism.......we tried to part-ex him in the summer so it makes (journo) sense that we'll do the same again, regardless of the fact that its been stated by the club that we're not selling him.

He isn't anywhere near the finished article yet but has been putting in some good shifts lately, whereas his reported replacement hasn't, and hasn't for a while.

Personally I don't think we'll be doing much business this window, in fact i'd be amazed if anyone other than one or two clubs at best do, and even then its just gonna be loans in the main.

None of our regular players will be leaving...I am sure about this (gutt feeling but...)

I would welcome SWP ONLY if we keep Milner, not at the expense of Milner, no f***ing way...

It would be good to give Milner a bit of competition, a healthy one is good...Dyer is really a central midfielder NOT a winger, Solano is becoming the new RWB, Parker, Emre and Butt are central midfielders, Duff and N'Zogbia are LWs so we really don't have another established RW to push Milner for his place...As I said I will only be happy with SWP deal if we keep Milner at this club...

But even if we dont actively sell milner, surely milner would be forced to leave upon the arrival of SWP.

don't want us to buy SWP, but getting him on loan would be great. No obligation to justify a price-tag if isn't playing well and we are cursed with injuries so I don't expect Duff and Zoggy to be available for all games.

Oh, and there's NO WAY we're selling Milner. He likes it here and Roeder is happy with him. He'll be here the 1 of February, no doubt

Will he still be happy here if we undermine his importance by bringing in a chelsea reject on loan to play ahead of him?

But even if we dont actively sell milner, surely milner would be forced to leave upon the arrival of SWP.

don't want us to buy SWP, but getting him on loan would be great. No obligation to justify a price-tag if isn't playing well and we are cursed with injuries so I don't expect Duff and Zoggy to be available for all games.

Will he still be happy here if we undermine his importance by bringing in a chelsea reject on loan to play ahead of him?

I will be very disappointed with Milner if his attitude would be like that (i.e. to throw the towel when a bit of competition for places is exercised at the club)...I don't believe though Milner would do that as I think he is more mature in his head than a 31 year old Robert...I believe Milner showed his character and how a great person is inside him when he handled the Villa fiasco so well and showed everbody how to reply to doubters by answering them on the field...

I think SWP is a very talented player and will add value and strength to our club especially when we are still in the two cup comps...

There are two things about this rumour which are quite astonishing - one is the fact that NUFC need defenders desperately, esp full-backs, the other is that there is ANY chance of Milner being sacrificed.

Phillips has proved incapable of getting into Chelsea's side, whilst JM has come on in leaps and bounds since he went to Villa on loan.Milner is 21 and going to play for England in the near future - Phillips has had his chance, and would not get into the England side in front of Milner at this time - and Milner is about 4 or 5 years younger.

Duff also was incapable of getting into Chelsea's team and we bought him - to what result!!??

Do you seriously want a repeat of this situation with Phillips ?

Does anyone on this site seriously believe that if Milner was to go to, say Villa, that he wouldn't continue to improve under MON ??

I have said before that the problem with NUFC is that there is no consistent PLAN ro BUILD A SIDE - we have got at least 2 top-class wingers in Milner & N'Zogbia, and NO DECENT FULLBACKS...

How often does it have to happen before someone gets the message ? We were doing this back in the 70's, only then it was Central defenders we needed in order to finish off a potentially good side.

We are not exactly flush with CDs today, but fullbacks are a desperate need, yet there we are looking to change  a position which already looks in good shape, whilst ignoring 2 that are hopeless.

Ho Hum......

Overrated, uneeded, unecessary. Keep Milner, arguably our best player this year.

Really?  Let's hear your argument. 

I'd say he's been the most consistent, but he hasn't struck me as our best player.  Does

consistency equate to being "the best"? 

Overrated, uneeded, unecessary. Keep Milner, arguably our best player this year.

Really? Let's hear your argument.

I'd say he's been the most consistent, but he hasn't struck me as our best player. Does

consistency equate to being "the best"?

works for me after watching the rollercoster ride of a season we've had.  it's hard to say really who's been the best for us this season