Milner on the move?

stozo

Overrated, uneeded, unecessary. Keep Milner, arguably our best player this year.

Really? Let's hear your argument.

I'd say he's been the most consistent, but he hasn't struck me as our best player. Does

consistency equate to being "the best"?

works for me after watching the rollercoster ride of a season we've had.  it's hard to say really who's been the best for us this season

If things carry on to the end of the season as they have recently though it'll go to Solano as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Ridzuan

Milner is far more better than SWP is and should he leave,Middlesbrough is one of the club I dont want to see him go to.Nevertheless,Im a big fan of Milner and I think he is an important player for us and he has a bright future ahead.There is no need to sell him.I hope the rumours are false.

Overrated, uneeded, unecessary. Keep Milner, arguably our best player this year.

Really? Let's hear your argument.

I'd say he's been the most consistent, but he hasn't struck me as our best player. Does

consistency equate to being "the best"?

works for me after watching the rollercoster ride of a season we've had.  it's hard to say really who's been the best for us this season

If things carry on to the end of the season as they have recently though it'll go to Solano as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed, Solano has probably been our best player this season but I reckon Milner has got to be one of our best players this season.

Guest johnson293

Sorry if I'm repeating anything said earlier in the thread, but I can't see us letting any players go in the January window, except maybe for Luque (Injury crisis or not, he still can't get a game!).

With the current Injury situation the way it is, we simply need to bring extra bodies in to make up the numbers, not let others go, especially current first teamers - that just wouldn't make sense.

As decent a player as SWP is/can be on his day, I just dont know where we woudl accomodate him, even more so when everyones fit.

I would say our Priority is a Left Back, then a right back (despite Solano's performances there) and I would love to see us sign a quality, experienced centre half to help bring the likes of Taylor, Ramage, Huntingdon and Edgar on.

We could also do with another striker.

So, I doubt Milner will be goin anywhere this month - but Summer could be a totally different scenario!

MJ

• 1 year later...

James Is A Real 'Gem' Says Kev

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan has described Newcastle United star James Milner as a "gem of a player" and believes that the very best of the young winger is still to come.

The 22-year-old was used as a centre-forward by KK during Wednesday night's 2-2 draw with Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven.

And the England under-21 man was in the thick of the action throughout the 90 minutes as his tireless running helped to create a string of openings for the hosts.

Indeed, it was his clever reverse pass which set up Danny Guthrie for United's second after just eight minutes.

"He made the goal very cleverly for Danny Guthrie," Toon chief Keegan told nufcTV after the full-time whistle.

"Sometimes people say that his delivery lets him down but against PSV it was top class.

"He's played up front but he could play anywhere, if you asked him to play full-back he could.

"He's worked extremely well and has never stopped running."

And, with Milner not due to turn 23 until next year, the Newcastle boss firmly believes that we're yet to see the very best of the former Leeds United starlet.

"He's a gem of a player," added Keegan.

"Everyone at the club loves him. He works hard in training and wants to improve himself.

"And I really think we are yet to see the very best of James Milner and that could be very exciting."

madness man, honestly. Averege player and always will be

Average winger, but a good squad player for me. Looked good in a more central role yesterday and is actually displaying a bit of technical ability this pre-season. I'd say his biggest weaknesses are his lack of pace and his crossing, so not a first choice winger, but very happy to have him in our squad.

Yeah he's a handy enough player to have around at this point, as his versatility will be handy with our small squad. Still don't think he's got it in him to ever be a top player, but useful to have around as he'll give a decent effort in several positions.

I'd still sell him for upwards of 7m or so, but doesn't seem Liverpool are interested anymore.

i don't know. it seems plainly obvious to me. Milner is NOT a fucking winger, which is why he is an average winger! He has a good shot on him, quick feet and a bag of tricks when in tight situations. No pace whatsoever. He's a central attacking player. no two ways about it imo

I keep hearing people say Milner would be ace down the middle, and technically he has the game, no doubt. But then technically Milner has a great shot - except when he's in front of goal in a match which matters. Personally I don't think he's got a winner mentality to make it at the top, but he can always go out this season and prove me wrong.

But I doubt it.