January Transfer Window thread attempt 3

Syrette

Guest Ridzuan

Ive no problem with Brown either.I think he wont mind moving here either,its been a long time since he last play for the devils.

taiwo is great.

seen him play a lot of times at marseille and national team.

great player and he got a hellova shot.

but i cant belive olympique is going to give him away for just 1.5

No way they will sell him for £1,5M. I've seen him many times and he has always impressed me. Especially in African Nations Cup year ago, he was simply brilliant.

Nothing like Babayaro.

from the sun

Newcastle have made a late attempt to scupper it by trying to get the player (SWP) on loan.

The Geordies would be happy to take him for six months while he weighs up his options and, in the meantime, allow him the chance to prove his worth as a Premiership player.

Toon boss Glenn Roeder has made his interest clear and is awaiting a reply from Chelsea.

Wright-Phillips has already let it be known he is cool on any possible return to former club Manchester City.

Newcastle are also keen to net Manchester United’s England defender Wes Brown, while Everton’s James Beattie could also become a target if they fail to capture Liverpool’s Peter Crouch.

Would anyone take Harewood here for £2m? (Assuming he'd be available for that sort of price). Big strong and quick, scored a lot of goals last season. Hasn't done much this year, but has certainly scored more prem goals than Beattie over the last season and a half. Would certainly give us more physical presence up top.

Would anyone take Harewood here for £2m? (Assuming he'd be available for that sort of price). Big strong and quick, scored a lot of goals last season. Hasn't done much this year, but has certainly scored more prem goals than Beattie over the last season and a half. Would certainly give us more physical presence up top.

He wouldn't but yes.

Guest Armchair Pundit

I'm getting the feeling Anal Oliver copied most of that story from one he ran during the last summer transer window, he's just changed the names of the players involved. Same old same old for us isn't it - "reports are wide of the mark" blah blah blah, I think it'll be the same as the summer, we haven't got any idea who we're after and it'll probably be all left down to the last minute IF any players are signed. Might as well forget anything promising happening, we'll be extremely lucky to finish in the top half of the table this year.  bluesigh.gif

So we are looking to bring in 2/3 new players and on loan.

Seems like we are about as close to finding someone as we were after the window last closed.

Im sure the budget is likely to be tight, but more than likely we will end up with 2 players at most which will be not nearly enough to get us through. Not least with Luque surely out the door, although he is barely part of the squad anyways.

On the flip side until the window slams shut again we can live in the hope that he is sticking to his word by saying a lower number of signings than he actually thinks he will get to lower our expectations.

Beat me to it - could it be us?

COTTAGERS ACCEPT JOHN BID

By Tom Adams -  Created on 4 Jan 2007

Fulham have accepted a bid from an unnamed Premiership club for Dutch striker Collins John.

The Cottagers moved to sign Vincenzo Montella on loan from Roma on Thursday and the arrival of the Italian has seemingly paved the way for John to end his time at Craven Cottage.

John has scored just once so far this season for Chris Coleman's side, with the Cottagers boss preferring Heidar Helguson and Brian McBride in attack for the majority of the season.

Coleman denied that Fulham had received any approaches for John at the start of the week, but the London side have now accepted a bid from an unnamed party as they look to offload the 21-year-old.

Watford have been strongly linked with the former Twente Entschede starlet in the past, and Adrian Boothroyd is known to be searching for striking reinforcements after the serious injury to Marlon King.

Story Tools:

Print Email this page Messageboards

Guest Bellers

Beat me to it - could it be us?

COTTAGERS ACCEPT JOHN BID

By Tom Adams -  Created on 4 Jan 2007

Fulham have accepted a bid from an unnamed Premiership club for Dutch striker Collins John.

The Cottagers moved to sign Vincenzo Montella on loan from Roma on Thursday and the arrival of the Italian has seemingly paved the way for John to end his time at Craven Cottage.

John has scored just once so far this season for Chris Coleman's side, with the Cottagers boss preferring Heidar Helguson and Brian McBride in attack for the majority of the season.

Coleman denied that Fulham had received any approaches for John at the start of the week, but the London side have now accepted a bid from an unnamed party as they look to offload the 21-year-old.

Watford have been strongly linked with the former Twente Entschede starlet in the past, and Adrian Boothroyd is known to be searching for striking reinforcements after the serious injury to Marlon King.

Story Tools:

Print Email this page Messageboards

It'll be ourselves or Watford...

If it is we who are after him and maybe get him (big IF)

Thn it wouldn't surprise me if he got a new challenge and started to deliver. In a good age also...

Even if he hasn't set the world alight this season..

Wouldn't be upset with John as he'll be available for a reasonable price, is a great age and has already shown some good potential in an extremely poor Fulham team. Seems to have stagnated down there and I've heard rumblings about him being a bit of a prick, but we all know Roeder has exceptional pedigree in working with younger players and so could get the best out of him.

Bit of a risk, though, if we did go for him because his goal record has been pretty shocking since his opening season in the PL but I've been saying for ages that anyone who can finish will score a lot of goals in our current team (as shown by Martins and Sibierski this season, neither of whom are "top class" goalscorers.) Fulham are hardly renowned as being free-scoring or attractive to watch under Coleman, either.

Just as suspected, sky are saying he's been strongly linked with Watford recently...

I think it makes more sense for Watford to bid so early than us, i don't believe we've specifically targeted Collins John but if it was an option i'm sure it would be later in the month.

Ive been reading today that we are linked with Harewood.

Hes quite agile for a big guy, would complement Martins very well i think and if he hits

form like he showed last season then would be decent signing. How much would they let him

go for?

He did fuck Given up mind, still not 100% sure that was an accident either....